PDA

View Full Version : waiting action WIP

Animaniak
06-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Hello everybody, I am new in this post. I am working on animation recently. Here is my new practice clip where I animated PackageMan (free rig) who is waiting to meet someone.

I can't wait to hear you soon.

Here is the link: http://vimeo.com/5332926

bunana
06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
hey there.
i am new here.
anyway i thought this short animation was pretty good, it looks jerky at the 1st few times i watched it.
but after watching it again and again, it became pretty okay.
how long did you took to did this ?

KyleG
06-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Everything is pretty linear, feels like you're letting the computer do too many of your inbetweens

Animaniak
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
hey there.
i am new here.
anyway i thought this short animation was pretty good, it looks jerky at the 1st few times i watched it.
but after watching it again and again, it became pretty okay.
how long did you took to did this ?

Thanx for your comment.I took almost 14 hours to twining the rig.Is it too slow?

Animaniak
06-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Everything is pretty linear, feels like you're letting the computer do too many of your inbetweens

Thanx for your honest opinion. But I could not get how it was so linear.I did not let the computer to do inbetweens. I put keyframes for breakdown and inbetweens.
Is his line of action is pretty straight?

Pls. help me out to get rid of linear animation.

I hope to hear you soon.

ajfrank
06-30-2009, 09:29 PM
What he means is that your animation has no arc nor overlapping actions. It's also very isolated and a little robotic like.

-His head turn is linear
-Lifting of his arm is linear
-The getting up and sitting back down is especially linear

It's a pretty simple animation but if done correctly you can show off lots of skills. You going to here this alot if you pursue to do animation... act it out. Act out your animation and study, or feel, what your body is doing. If you're getting up or sitting down, your torso is not going to be that stiff. Add some overlap in his torso when he gets up. Add some settleness to it to when he sits down.

Animaniak
07-01-2009, 02:29 AM
What he means is that your animation has no arc nor overlapping actions. It's also very isolated and a little robotic like.

-His head turn is linear
-Lifting of his arm is linear
-The getting up and sitting back down is especially linear

It's a pretty simple animation but if done correctly you can show off lots of skills. You going to here this alot if you pursue to do animation... act it out. Act out your animation and study, or feel, what your body is doing. If you're getting up or sitting down, your torso is not going to be that stiff. Add some overlap in his torso when he gets up. Add some settleness to it to when he sits down.

Thanks Adrian Frank. Your explanation is great. I got it.

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2009, 02:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.