PDA

View Full Version : 7 High quality Open EXR Pano

bsm3d
06-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi all,

Here is 7 High Quality Open EXR panos free to downloads and use.

This panos was made by Benoît Rogez and under Creative Commons Licence.

View and download (http://www.tdt3d.com/forum.php?action=vthread&forum=10&topic=4302)

imashination
06-29-2009, 03:23 PM
For the lazy amongst us, what does the CC licence allow or disallow? ie. can we use them in commercial projects?

spurcell
06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
according to the license.txt that came with one of the hdri, no you cannot use them for commercial work.

shadows44
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi all,
I am the author of those panoramas.
The licence is Attribution-Noncommercial : you must attribute the work and use it only for non commercial purposes.

The non commercial use is there mainly because some of the panoramas were shot in places where I was only allowed to take pictures for non commercial use (such as the panoramas shot in a park near Paris).

LOTK
06-29-2009, 05:21 PM
There are some free panos but you have to register for a free account requesting too many details, and only 2 files can be downloaded per day.

I tried "nantes-hangar.zip" two times (registered twice since it did no allow me to download again today) and the file downloaded as a corrupt zip in both occasions...

shadows44
06-30-2009, 12:55 AM
I tried "nantes-hangar.zip" two times (registered twice since it did no allow me to download again today) and the file downloaded as a corrupt zip in both occasions...
Quite weird indeed ; Bsm3D is aware of this issue and is trying to solve it. This might have something to do with the website's server, since the files are ok before they are uploaded, but corrupted when on the website...

In the meanwhile, I created a .torrent file to share the panoramas :
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2725199
(note to the moderators : nothing illegal here since I'm the author of these panoramas, shared under a Creative Commons license)
This might not be as fast as a direct download, but at least it should work !

goon_creative
06-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks you for sharing

LOTK
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the torrent, very good way to share free content!

bsm3d
07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi all,

Thanks to Shadow to put it on Torrent, in case of Torrent doesn't work or too slow, I fixed all the files on tdt3d webserver, it's ok now.

For peoples who ask why register to downloads files :

- You must register (it's free) to downloads files, it's for keep bandwith out of Internet and sites leecher and give all the bandwidth to tdt3d members. Downloads is 3 per day to avoid exces...

- The form to register is not very long just basic (with orange *) cells to fill.

- You can remove your account and all yout informations from you member account CP by a single mouse click...no boring procedure.

I hope you understand this point of view but as Internet are a little chaos with peoples who don't respect others, we need to control access to the website to keep this small community as clean as possible.

cheers,
Ben

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.