PDA

View Full Version : Burton-inspired girl

alchoi
05-10-2002, 11:28 PM
Ahhh ... can't help doodling ,,,

Here's one inspired by Tim Burton ....

cerreto
05-11-2002, 12:33 AM
very cool love this style you pulled it off well !

alchoi
05-11-2002, 03:53 AM
Thanks Cerreto ...

Yeah ... this one kinda hit me at lunch today ...

What I'd really like to do is put some Nightmare Before Christmas-like toys behind her ...

hawkprey
05-11-2002, 05:47 AM
very cool

my co concept guy here at Ritual has a style much like yours. If I can ever get his ass to post you guys could have a field day.

Anyway that dino in the back right look kinda msichevious. What he thinking man?

Good stuff

Do you ever ink your stuff?

alchoi
05-11-2002, 06:08 AM
You know what?

I haven't inked something in a loooong time ... and I didn't really think about it until you just mentioned it ....

That's funny ... but now I've got the total urge to play with inks ...

Just another reminder that there's more to life than Photoshop and the lighttable ... hehehehheh

Yeah, get your buddy to post stuff, I'd love to check it out ... and post some more of your stuff as well ... I thought I'd have to put my 2D skills on the shelf while I took this 3D course, but seeing all the amazing talent on this site is inspiring, and now I draw every spare chance I get ...

Thanks Hawkprey

(PS Dino is thinking .... HAHAHAHA, never mind ... I can't write it ... She's a little girl, for chrissake!!!)

Cgkoko
05-11-2002, 10:35 AM
:love: This is great....love the way you depicted light on that toys.I like it overall,very much.Will you ink and color?

alchoi
05-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Thanks CGKoko ...

Man ... school work is soo crazy, I have been reduced to only posting my quick sketches ...

I'm hoping to clean and colour this one during our one month final portfolio prep ... but that won't be for another eight months ...

I just don't have time ...

But until then, I get to ponder colour schemes, and mull over a few ideas ...

Got any suggestions?

Thanks.

elfufu
05-22-2002, 06:31 PM
this is great, the style rules if you color this correctly it would be amazing:buttrock:

alchoi
05-25-2002, 09:28 PM
Cool ... wow .. it's great to see one of my older posts pop back up to the top ... :D

Yeah ... colour scares the shit out of me ... I bow down to guys likie Hawkprey and Roundeye ....

But thanks for the crits ...

Al.

sean_G
05-28-2002, 08:09 AM
jk... i gave you four stars on this one man.
1. for your stylistic approach and technique
2. for pulling it off very nicely in such a clean sketch
3. for your creative approach on character based environment
4. 4 incentive .... to finish it off in adobe, and turn it into the beautiful colour comp, and finished art-piece we all know it can be

this imagery has a compelling aesthetic to it- and staying power
id like to see you follow up on this thread if you get the time...
BUT,alas im a student too, in fact my demo is due jun.5th, so i know wha crunch time is all about, but you just cant argue with art man...

look foward to seeing more of your stuff in the future

alchoi
05-28-2002, 04:14 PM
Man ... now I HAVE to colour it ...

But even better, I was hit by a shortstory idea over the weekend involving this character ... and after a mad spate of thumbnailing, looks like it'll spring into a little one minute project ...

I'll keep you guys updated ...

And I'll definitely find some time SOMEWHERE to colour this ...

You're right ... art does call ya ... sigh

Thanks for the vote of confidence ... definitely put a little inspiring kick in my day ...

Al.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.