PDA

View Full Version : Ozone in Vue

philnolan3d
06-29-2009, 01:41 AM
If I create an atmosphere in Ozone 4 and save it out, should I be able to load that into Vue 6 xStream? Basically Ozone in LightWave was taking too long to render (waaay too long) So I thought maybe I could load it into Vue and see if it goes any faster.

phamarus
06-30-2009, 10:21 PM
If I create an atmosphere in Ozone 4 and save it out, should I be able to load that into Vue 6 xStream? Basically Ozone in LightWave was taking too long to render (waaay too long) So I thought maybe I could load it into Vue and see if it goes any faster.

dont think that is compatible ozone 4 has new spectrals I believe and those are only in vue 7-7.5 I believe.

Ohh donīt use spectral 2 clouds in ozone 4, that is a hog..use spectral 1 clouds instead and you should be able to get decent clouds at faster speed.
spectral 2 clouds in vue are way much slower too..thou a little faster than in ozone 4.

Dont know what to think of the spectral 2 clouds, they have managed to get a more billowing puffed round look tho them and better lighting scattering, but man they are slow and sometimes the look is not as smooth as the spectral 1 clouds.

Michael

philnolan3d
06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks I just ended up recreating the atmosphere for the most part in Vue.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.