PDA

View Full Version : mock car ad

stephen2002
05-10-2002, 08:54 PM
I have finally finished my mock car advertisment.

Software:
* Blender v2.22 - CG stuff
* Premier 6.0 - video editing/titles

* Only 3 image textures were used, the leaves on the trees, the bump-map for the reflector, and the licence plate.

Videos: * DivX 5
low-quality version (626KB):
http://mysite.iptic.com/stephen2002/Intrigue%20Ad%20-%20DivXLOW.avi

High quality version (9706KB):
http://mysite.iptic.com/stephen2002/Intrigue%20Ad%20-%20DivXHI.avi

Let me know what you think of it.

bealobo
05-11-2002, 06:34 PM
Hi!
I tried to get the low q version but the only thing I got was a song (??), no images.
Maybe the link doesn´t work correctly.
Could you send an image from the movie?
thanks!
Bealobo

JoBbE
05-11-2002, 11:47 PM
I tried the hq version - same problem.
you might want to fix that.
did you render out only audio in premier?

stephen2002
05-12-2002, 11:49 AM
the codec is DivX 5. You may need to download the new codec.

I check the integrity of my videos before I upload them, I would not put up just an audio stream.

JoBbE
05-12-2002, 12:36 PM
well ya know I've got divx 5 so.. er.. maybe you check em again dude

mjm
05-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Works for me. I like it--nice transitions. The lighting is a bit weak, however. For example, the sunny day seems like an overcast autumn day--perhaps make the light intensity far stronger, so luminosity actually bleeds (perhaps have some areas of the scene actually use a glow or a bloom filter to mimic the sun's intensity).

Neat stuff; I'd like to see more =]

mikesnail
05-12-2002, 01:20 PM
hi, works for me as well, but i must say that i think the transitions would be better if you used a crosfade as apposed to a straight up switch between backgrounds. the dust behind the car at the start also looks a bit strange, other than that, nice work:)

stephen2002
05-12-2002, 02:52 PM
mikesnail: the abrupt background switch was some bad planning. There is about a 10-frame additive dissolve in-between backgrounds. I couldn't do any more because the camera path's didn't match up quite the way I wanted them to. The goal was to have the car stay in about the same spot while the background changed. Unfortuantly, that dust is the best that Blender can provide :shrug:

Marc McChesney: the last scene is actually for a sunset, which is why it has the orangeish tint and hase. The caption was originally "nice" days, but that sounded wrong.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.