PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Question

jameson63926
06-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi all. I'm running into the toughest of problems in my experience in production. I am totally clueless as to post rendering compressors. I've produced a small short, of live action compsited into digital video. After composited, effects, ect are added, I export out of AE, 1280 x 720, as a quick time .mov, with the highest quality settings avaliable, so I have a non compressed file. This several minute short hits right around 15 gigs. From there, how do I compress this down to a distributable, and managable file size without losing any and all quality? It doesnt seem like it should be a secret, but I have found no reliable documentation when researching this topic. A full length animated production can be squeezed down to one gig, and look crystal clear strecthed across a 60 " screen; however I cant seem to get a 3 minute, 15 gig file down to that size without it looking horrible. Can anyone point me in the right direction, I'm still fairly young in the industry and am and have taught myself most of what I know. But I'm stuck here. Any shared knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

scrimski
06-27-2009, 09:41 PM
What settings do you use, which codec(video and audio), what bitrate?
Read this (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=76&t=180825) and use the search function, thsi topic appears from time to time.

jameson63926
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
H.264, frame rate: 29.97, Bitrate: 3000 kbts/sec, thats with no audio, and its bringing it down to about a gig and a half

CGTalk Moderation
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.