PDA

View Full Version : ACS4, Eyes and Weight Maps

carbon8
07-25-2003, 11:11 PM
I have a problem with the eye setup in ACS4 and can't figure out
what the problem is. I have the eyes in the same layer as the mesh, have a weight map applied called leftEye and rightEye. After conversion I then turn on bone active within the eye bones
properties panel. I get no results when i manipulate the eye controler.
Why is this???? As far as I can tell, I followed step by step from the instructions that came with the plugin.
By the way, I'm using version C.

Thanks all!

Rabid pitbull
07-26-2003, 12:37 AM
in acs the eyes dont point at the control null they follow its rotation. Do the eyes move when you rotate the null? Also something get broken if you convert the rig while parent in place is on, so make sure it is off before conversion.

beyond this I don't know what could be wrong. :shrug:

carbon8
07-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Ok, I turned off parent in place, re-ran the conversion then turned on bone active. Still no movement when I rotate the control. My hair is thinning out right about now.

Rabid pitbull
07-26-2003, 01:25 AM
everything else works in the rig? spine controls? You are positive that the bones are active, and the proper weights are selected?

not sure what else to check. If you cant get it to work after to long send Lukasz an email, or post to his yahoogroup. He is very VERY good at getting back to people.

carbon8
07-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Yeah; I checked every other control and there are no problems. The bones are active or at least they say they are, and I've gone as far as renaming the weights, reassigning them to the bones and then doing a new conversion to make sure they take. And still nothing. I did post on the yahoo forum, but no replies yet. I'll shoot him an email right now.

I'm also going to put the eyes on their own layer and see if that will be a workaround.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.