PDA

View Full Version : Help! I got choppy graphics in Zbrush

supernido
06-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone. I just installed Zbrush on my pc but I cant work well with it coz it has very horrible graphics, take a look of the picture of the sample head from zbrush. I dont know why my zbrush have a very choppy graphics unlike what I see from the pictures in the net.
I installed zbrush on my 2 GB RAM Dual Core Nvidia Geforce 8500GT. Is my specifications not enough or is there any setting in zbrush that I can tweak? I appreciate any help u can give thanks.

rosskrambergar
06-26-2009, 04:28 PM
the problem is your using the "zoom" button to get a closer look at your model, the zoom button only zooms in on the actual document, you should be using the scale button which is right next to the rotate button, top buttons are for the doc, lower ones are for your tool, hope that helps

wwswimming
06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
i started out with ZBrush on a system with a 7600GT video card @ 1360 x 768 resolution, 4 GB RAM, Windows XP32.

your screen capture is 1024 x 768 but the pixels are different. i'm pretty sure your 8500GT video card has just as much graphics horsepower as my 7600GT (admittedly, neither is a very powerful GPU).

well this one extra data point might be helpful. i'm not sure why ZBrush is rendering the object with so many 'jaggies' on your computer.

what happens when you change settings under 'Render' ? i think Preview is the default, Fast, Best, and Flat being the other options. how about toggling those settings to see what effect that has.

supernido
06-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the reply swimmer Im going try it.

supernido
06-27-2009, 08:11 AM
thank you very much skos it really work thanks

rosskrambergar
06-27-2009, 10:55 AM
thank you very much skos it really work thanks

Pleasure mate, a friend of mine had the same prob it must of been driving you mad, such an easy mistake to make.

I dont know if you know about this site but its got loads of free tuts for Zbrush, definitely worth a look, I learnt so much from these guys.

http://www.digitaltutors.com/free_tutorials/zbrush-view_all

supernido
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Wow thanks again skos this is great it will help me alot getting started

CGTalk Moderation
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.