PDA

View Full Version : radial symmetry

Tstokes
06-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Does modo 401 or any modo version have radial symmetry? :shrug: In other words you could sculpt a cylinder evenly all the way around it's circumference by moving a single polygon. That would be sweet to make goblets and other lathed objects by free sculpting.

Thanks,

Tom

ubermensch76
06-26-2009, 04:22 AM
I don't know why you would want to do sculpting in Modo. It is very underwhelming after you have worked in an app like Zbrush ( the sculpting part I mean. )

Burritoh
06-30-2009, 04:29 AM
I wouldn't want to sculpt in modo if I have ZB either, but... I do wish modo had radial symmetry. It would be useful for plenty of things besides sculpting. Too bad.

Tobiah13
07-10-2009, 07:03 PM
modo has a radial sweep tool that can be used for making goblets and such, but no radial symetry. Once you've run the radial sweep you can use edgeloops to do most of the editing that you'd wan to do with something like a goblet.

Here's a tutorial on making a bottle in modo that shows the radial sweep.
http://www.luxology.com/training/video.aspx?id=140

mzac
07-13-2009, 04:22 PM
choose some polygon on the cylinder and set the action center to local,then do a bevel .May be it is what you want if I understand you right.:)

profusion
07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I would preferre modo over ZB anytime, I can't get my head around the way ZB works, and trust me I have tried :-)

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.