PDA

View Full Version : Animated Logo Stills

Solace9
07-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Here's a link to the Key animation points of the logo.

I'm mostly concerned about the last stage:
1. How's the marble ring looking?
2. Is the BG image distracting, complimentary or dead.

http://solace9ca.tripod.com/

Please, critique any part of this though.

:beer:

L&RviaS9

webfox
07-25-2003, 08:52 PM
The marble is okay. It seems to radiate from the center, making it look like the iris of an eye. This could be good or bad... maybe God's lookin' at ya. heh

The lettering is hard to read, though. The outline kills the shape of the letters. I know from desktop publishing that you don't just have an overlapping outline over letters. You make one outlined object and then lay a copy of the non-outlined letters over the first so that the proportions and legibility of the letters show through.

That might help, or you may need a new font.

Another thing you could consider is having the marble ring animated to a darkened state and letters brighten at the same time for readability.

Hope this helps.

Solace9
07-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Webfox:
Thank you for your feed back. Good points. I've made some changes to the final image, accordingly.
So, an additional image has been uploaded to the tripod site.
http://solace9ca.tripod.com/
The changes are:

Marble: lower diffuse setting.
Purpose: Accentuate the lettering.

Letter Outlines: outline reduction from 1px to .5pxl
Purpose: More room fo the blue section of the font for better readability... [a timely option to having to individually copy, enlarge and then center each letter for a better typogrphy effect.]

Circle Boarder: Chnged from marble to semi-transparent blue.
Purpose: Creates texture diversity while maintaining a theme of blue recurrence that lessens in intensity from the ceter out so as to maintain the main focus.

BG: Star BG image is taken out and repleaced w/ flat black.
Purpose: keeps the image clean and undistracted.

More crits are welcome!

L&RviaS9

DrStrik9
07-26-2003, 07:11 AM
I really like the clay-like appearance of the model.

But remember, the real purpose of a logo is to identify the organization, right? Then its primary objective is to be READABLE. The second example is better than the first, but I really think it still needs to be a lot more readable. Is it going to be used in print also? (Or is it based on something in print?) If it's going to be, or is being used in print, then you need to print it out on paper at a 1/2"-3/4" size, and see what it's going to look like on a business card. That tiny white letter outline is going to completely disappear, and the "dark" blue against the "darkish" marble is going to look a bit like mush.

I think you should either go with a dark marble/letter background, and reverse the letters to white or nearly so, or make the letter bkg light with dark letters. Forget the outlines. Also, space the letters out a little more, maybe.

Also, the marble "wheel" thingy is kind of crowding the earth, so you can't see that nice atmosphere edge anymore. You could focus on the earth at first, but then when the letters appear, they need to take prescedence more.

Just my opinion; nice work.

Michael

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.