PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody please help me???

digitalsculpturer
06-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Hello friends
I need an emergency help from u guys.
I have modeled a spawn character in zbrush :cool: .It is almost finished with the final .ztl file size of around 750 mb :wise: .There are around 10-14 subtools each having
a subdivision level of 7-8.
Finally i want my model to be rendered need some turntables of the model.But
since the model is heavy i am not even able to move the model with all the subtools with its full divisions.I am struggling with this for weeks and is really dissapointed withought being able to see my renders.
Is there any bounding box(as in maya) type option in zbrush???
how can i overcome this situation???
one more problem is im using a quadcore pc with 4Gb of ram and windowsXP OS.
i tried increasing my RAM to 8 GB. Still showing same performance.In preferences
im memory option even if i increase the ram to 8 Gb it is showing only a max of 4 Gb.

Somebody Plz help me to solve me with this issue????
I would be greatful :beer:
Thank you

wwswimming
06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
are you using XP32 or XP64 ?

the 32 bit will recognize a max of about 3 GB of RAM, XP64 will recognize 8+ GB, i'm not sure what the upper limit is.

as far as the question about subtools, that's one part of ZBrush i've only seen in a few tutorials, i haven't used it much.

overall it sounds like you've built a model which is too big for your current machine. i have a feeling that a Core i7 with 12 GB (and XP64 or Vista64) would be a good match for that ZBrush model.

eblondin
06-25-2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/decimation/

TeZzy
06-26-2009, 02:05 AM
on a 64bit OS, zbrush can only use a maximum of 4gb regardless of you having more.

digitalsculpturer
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Thank u friends:thumbsup:
Hi wwswimming i am using a XP-64 bit OS with 8 Gb of ram but still it is showing a support for 4Gb only.Doesnt Zbrush have a 64 bit version???:curious:
eblondin thanks for ur help.I think decimation Master will be helpful for me...I ll try with that plugin.It is really cool

eblondin
06-26-2009, 05:57 PM
zbrush 3.x will only see 4GB of ram no matter what your system specs.

nightwoodwolf
06-30-2009, 02:15 AM
you have 8G of RAM ? try to up Zbrush memory to 3 GB in Preferences - > mem -> compact mem.

allot of very heavy subtools with nasty topology could increase your memory dramatically, try using the subtool master to step up and down all at once for your subtools, so you can do turntables and such, it is faster and wont crash zbrush while selecting one tool after the other on some systems.

CGTalk Moderation
06-30-2009, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.