PDA

View Full Version : Dbt Cafe, Siquier (3D)

siquier
07-25-2003, 04:45 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/3116/DBT_Cafe_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/3116/DBT_Cafe.jpg)

Hi folks
My new 3D Environment, I really need your comments. :wavey:

Matt
07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Very realistic. I like how the shadows have a blue hue to them, as shadows generally appear in real life. Great work.

neverman
07-25-2003, 05:08 PM
xclnt! :p

if you are going for semi or total realism the fov or lense choice is a little extreme - it makes the side of the building lean a little too much (unless you were going for that strange angle in the mod ?? - then that looks odd)
This is obviously an old building also - evident through textures alone - you could emphisize this by taking out chunks of rock here and there - on the stucko - a broken brick here and there a tile misslig of hanging - a pipe bracket bent out of shape and useless
love the water stains!
I would also make the cafe logo look a little more worn - or what might be cool is to put a super faded one underneath that looks all scrubed off and that one was put up all fresh over the top.
neway - xclnt work - don't need to change a thing - just ideas

Bira
07-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Great Work!!!

This very realistica its scene......
:applause:
It passes me the impression of being a cold dusk. It is this same?

siquier
07-25-2003, 07:04 PM
The MAX Viewport:
http://webs.ono.com/usr000/sik/images/dbt_captura.jpg

HaLcIu
07-25-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm speachless, no crits... :applause:

guch30
07-26-2003, 01:29 AM
That lighting really does make the image!!! :buttrock:

I agree with Neverman that the wall could use a few more cracks, a little more dirt. The top part of the wall(which is in the light) looks cleaner than the bottom part(which is in the dark).

Other than that, outstanding job! :thumbsup:

wedge
07-26-2003, 04:14 AM
there's something odd about the street, curb, and those little posts. other than that i'd call it photoreal.

wahahaha
07-26-2003, 07:55 AM
great work!!! :love: overall looks very realistic!!:thumbsup:

Rochr
07-26-2003, 09:57 AM
Awesome work!!!:applause:

Love the lighting!

nina
07-26-2003, 10:08 AM
I agree with neverman, that fov is wrong, and I looked to the round wall where I´t should be some more detail to the area below the roof, and i´t looks abit strechie there as well.

Really nice lightning and texturing work u done:)

Gkar
07-26-2003, 11:58 AM
As always a great work, fantastic scene and sensibility.
What happen that this one isn't in front page?:surprised

grihan
07-26-2003, 02:07 PM
very good work...I like specially the "illustration" style you've made...better than trying to "copy" the reality....
:thumbsup:

Rauru
07-26-2003, 02:50 PM
awesome... :argh: no crits, only envy :blush:

(Saludos, también al alga gigante que ahora tendrás al lao XD)

Benkenove
07-26-2003, 03:18 PM
There is just one word for your work ... "PERFECTION"...

This work is not "realistic".... it´s just ART.

Congratulation for your brilliant TALENT and thank you for your excelent work, it´s always a pleasure to see this beautyfull art.

ceql
07-26-2003, 04:26 PM
beautiful work :applause:, love the lighting and colours (as mentioned by everyone also :p)

Palladio
07-26-2003, 04:34 PM
My opinion? This is ART!! and you're an artist, of course :)

PD: DBT r00lz

danne82
07-26-2003, 04:45 PM
looking great, my only comment would be those clouds, I think you need to improve that part :buttrock:

Sytron
no comments... :applause: :applause: :applause:
Un saludo Siquier ;)

Jonatan [sytron]

olijosman
beautiful scene with touch of illustration in the light use.
Muy cálido, buen trabajo!!:beer:

razzi
07-26-2003, 04:52 PM
I always love all of your work JUAN...

"Portrait of Merce" is always my favourite and most of the building/environment by you also is very awesome !!!

Anyway,one thing about this image I could ask is...is the sharp colour normal? or is it my monitor?..

Everything else is PERFECT!!!!

Norlan
07-26-2003, 05:50 PM
When I came across and viewed this painting, the first impression it gave me was that it is a work of art as a painting. Though I can essentially feel the realism reflecting from the environment surrounding the affection of lighting overall, sounds ironic eh?

GladeR
07-26-2003, 10:42 PM
Great work man, I like a lot this kind of scenes than you create, you have done a nice piece of art. ;)

( I have deleted the rest of the post for no more controversy, neither more comments outside of place.)

GladeR
07-26-2003, 10:42 PM
( I have deleted the rest of the post for no more controversy, neither more comments outside of place.)

blasphemy3_d
07-27-2003, 04:42 AM
from my point of view, I f you kill the color of this pic you´re killing the image itself. When I see this pic I think the author was not looking for realism. This is the fact. I love the colour of the entire scene and I also think that color and the scene are two sides of the same coin. You can´t separate it.

rip
07-27-2003, 04:51 AM
G.L.A.D.E.R.----maybe I'm completely wrong.......I don't know
....yes you are completly wrong and you dont undenderstand this kind of work man

edit: perfect work siquier, as usual

Trent J Liberty
07-27-2003, 05:08 AM
Great job as every has said :)

I just have one comments, I think the lower right hand side is a little too vibrant. Mainly the awning, it seems a little too 'new' for the scene in my opinion. And the sort of ledge under the greyish/ligh blue window thing looks a little plasticy. You know to the left of the door at the bottom under the window... not sure what to call it, anyway, that's the only thing that sort of stood out to me :)

Magnificant work.

leigh
07-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Excellent work, particulary the lighting - :thumbsup:

The blue on the awning seems almost neon, which seems a little strong for the mood, but it's not a big deal. Really good texturing work on the whole, great job :)

Electrofirma
07-27-2003, 05:47 AM
Siquier, Excellent work!

Does this street corner exist somewhere or did you pull it from the ether? Could we see your references?

Again, beautiful scene. Thank you!

SEPHROTH64
07-27-2003, 06:15 AM
cool, reminds me of el meriachi and desperado

ToddD
07-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Glade=completely wrong

The orginal image is so fantastic because of the lighting and colors, great job! Max5, and which renderer did you use? :beer:

Carles
07-27-2003, 07:03 AM
Nice work as usual.

Greetings,
Carles

starqueen
07-27-2003, 07:21 AM
I love the coloring... :D

iggiza
07-27-2003, 09:46 AM
just love the ligthing (la luz) it reminds me of my old aparment!!!it seems and it sounds like sunset!!!

lukx
07-27-2003, 09:52 AM
this is Scanline render or you used some GI?
Awesome work indeed

cgjie
07-27-2003, 09:55 AM
So beautiful work!
I love the blue color,so lovely.:drool:

GladeR
07-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Rip, calm down man, just it was my point of view, I don't want to tell than don't like me this image, the opposite I like a lot, it's great, but I think, than it's a possibility than he can take, just that.

I didn't want to bother to nobody, and less to Juan Siquier, sorry guys if I have done something incorrect...

Glander----maybe I'm completely wrong.......I don't know

....yes you are completly wrong and you dont undenderstand this kind of work man

Rip, about that, ok I maybe I'm completely wrong, but please, a little of respect, I don't have missed the respect to no one, and really I believe "Glander" is fairly contemptuous toward me...........

by the meaning of " glande " in spanish. :annoyed:

Rauru
07-27-2003, 11:38 AM
please, respect this post of Siquier. tks :)

Oktavian
07-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Really great lighting with good colours :thumbsup: .

jadedchron
07-27-2003, 11:58 AM
the DBT CAFE logo seems a bit bright.. the piping and other areas like it seem 'clayish'.. maybe needs more texture.. a lil more detail in the walls and if hte trees in the back had more depth to them i'd think you be on your way to a realistic approach.. however if you're not trying to make it a photo then i think it looks fine as is.

Pancreas
07-27-2003, 12:14 PM
Really a nice image, lighting and colors give a nice mood, great textures!

You used photo ref? Is it a real street? where it is?
Esa bombona de butanoooooo!!!
:D

baby
07-27-2003, 12:25 PM
with the FOV ?!?

can't U see guyz that it's only the camera that has roll ?! no horizontal line...it's not a wide angle effect...(well I guess)

and...yeah color version better...

but Glader don't worry...it's not a bad try...those guyzzz being mean wish it was their pic. :thumbsdow

I don't think what U did was wrong... Juan would have told U.

but B&W and some contrast is little bit easy... :p

and the pic is top !!!

grihan
07-27-2003, 12:25 PM
why people are always worried about realism? This piece is good as it is, and I think people can talk about composition and so, but not "how to get it more realistic"...To copy the reality can be easy, but it's more difficult and nice to make your "own" reality...
For example, I dont understand people modelling a realistic camera on a wood floor...(only if you are payed for it :) ).

Ac0rN
07-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Whitout any diplace map !? Thats to good !:applause:

siquier
07-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey!! thanks to everybody :)
Does this street corner exist somewhere or did you pull it from the ether? Could we see your references?

You used photo ref? Is it a real street? where it is?

Yes, it is another cool place in Daroca (Zaragoza / Spain) here is the photo:
http://www.juansiquier.com/images/dbt_cafe_foto.jpg
Esa bombona de butanoooooo!!!
XDDDD see it in the photo.
Rip, about that, ok I maybe I'm completely wrong, but please, a little of respect, I don't have missed the respect to no one, and really I believe "Glander" is fairly contemptuous toward me...........
R|P is one of my best friends and I know that he has not written that with spirit of offending you. thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate your interest but I am a vicious of the color.
which renderer did you use?
VRay

Wesball
07-27-2003, 12:51 PM
My eyes are fooled until I get down to the sidewalk... for seme reason that looks fake.

Nice work thought. ;)

safakoner
07-27-2003, 12:56 PM
realy good job man :thumbsup:

slaughters
07-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Great, love the lighting. Like others have mentioned though, I would tone down the awning and cafe logos color saturation. They look like they have an ambient glow to them. This causes my eyes to be drawn to the lower right hand side of the image, away from the building itself. It's almost like you reserved the lower right hand side to advertise for the "DBT Cafe" corporation and want to make sure it stands out.

The Don
07-27-2003, 01:52 PM
this is really superb - not only is it a really well made scene but it's also a joy to look at and a brilliant environment and theme :)

Benkenove
07-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Bueno... solo decir una cosa mas ....

GladeR = Rip, about that, ok I maybe I'm completely wrong, but please, a little of respect, I don't have missed the respect to no one

No quiero interceder ante nadie, ni hablar por nadie, pero yo creo (opinion personal, de nadie mas) que ese respeto del que tu hablas, no lo has tenido con la obra de J.Siquier.

Esto es un foro de opinion, y como tal, los cometarios y criticas son bienvenidos, pero de ahi, a cojer la obra de otro y retocarla, a mi personalmente me parece un poco de falta de respeto, y estoy completamente de acuerdo con R|P.

Te pido disculpas si te he ofendido con estos comentarios, y pido perdon tb por usar este hilo de este gran maestro para este fin, pero tenia que aclararlo.

OZONO, YOU ARE REACHING THE "HALL OF VALHALLA"... Keep smashing us with your amazing work...:applause: :applause: :applause: :scream:

Levitateme
07-27-2003, 02:21 PM
great great stuff, reminds me of half life 2. great job.

Lars
07-27-2003, 03:34 PM
wow :eek:

I have nothing to complain about. I'm stunned :applause:
May I ask for a bigger picture for my desktop :D

koroko
07-27-2003, 04:12 PM
I dont know why ppl still think of realism of images instead of images as pieces of art....

that is exactly what this looks to me...

Siquier, thats amazing job, but you already know that... :)

only 4stars? it deserves 5!!!:buttrock:

_________
angel

summeralive
07-27-2003, 05:28 PM
cool man! just wonder how much time u spend on it!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

GladeR
07-27-2003, 08:07 PM
mil perdones, por volver a usar este post para aclarar las cosas, "NO SE REPETIRA" si va causar tantos problemas la verdad.

Benkenove respecto a tu opinion "estas en todo tu derecho en pensar lo que quieras", pero simplemente era una sugerencia "GRAFICA" que le hacia a Juan, para explicar mi punto de vista mejor de como podia llevar el ambiente de esa escena "a si el ve mejor a lo que me refiero", ya que como el decia al principio que queria comentarios sobre ella, pues yo he simplemente he querido colaborar de una forma un poco mas activa que simplemente decir "cool" o "great" sabes?? simplemente eso.

y no he intetando de apropiarme de nada suyo ni de quererme llevar los meritos de su obra, simplemente lo hice por ayudar, pero si supone un problema me limitare al "cool" y listos....

y este post no pretendia molestar a nadie ni ofender, ni nada, solo aclarar esto "que aun no comprendo por que debo aclarar nada por no he cometido un delito ni nada parecido" , de este modo espero que no se malinterprete mas veces.

solo eso.

rastaflex
07-27-2003, 08:48 PM
I can say only one thing: WAOUW
it's so...beautiful

blasphemy3_d
07-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Eh tio creo que perdemos los papeles a veces.

Glader, creo que tocar directamente la obra de otro puede ser leido como un ataque o al menos como una arrogancia. Desde luego un cometario como desaturar o subir el contraste no tiene nada que ver con coger la obra de alguine y manipularla. He estado viendo tu web y me ha molado mucho el modelo de cabeza humana que tinenes. Ahora imagina que lo posteas y que yo lo cojo ye lo posteo de nuevo con bigote porque soy fan de Aznar ya mi los mostachos me ponen. No se, creo que mas o menos puedes figurarte la gracia que te haria. La gente se curra un artwork como a ellos les gusta y te repito que creo que de decir "joder molaria con bigote" a pillar la imagen y ponerle el bogote directamente hay un saltillo. A mi personalmente no se como me sentaria la verdad, pero debes entender que haya gente que hiciera una lectura malintencionada o irrepestuosa del asunto. De todas formas no digas que te vas a limitar a decir cool o great please. La opinion que se pide es eso, una opinion y cuanto mas rica y variada creo que mas enriquecedora tio. Ojalá no dejen de ver tus posts por aqui joder, creo que nadie quiere eso. El cool y el great lo dejamos para los que no tengan nada que decir. El que tenga una opinion que la dé sin problemas. Es solo que una obra con tanto curro no puede cargarse en el photoshop y cambiarla de ese modo y pretender que a todos les siente bien. Solo eso.

Somos 4 gatos joer buenrollito :beer:

And now in english:

we are 4 cats joer good-little-roll :beer:

jambhala
07-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Sorry for non-spanish people, but I have to say something that you won't understand. Admin, I´m sorry for you too, but I hate that "pseudo-guru" actitude.

Lo primero de todo pedirte disculpas siquier por lo que voy a poner, porque no tienes la culpa de nada y tu post va a pagar el pato, cosa que odio. Vamos a ver, señores rip, blasphemi y benkenove, ¿¿pero quién carajo os creeis que sois?? A glader le habéis dicho poco menos que no sabe donde tiene la puta cara y que es un plagiador por dar su opinión.

* Rip: se te ha subido a la cabeza arnold? porque tal y como has respondido, con bastante poca educación por cierto, parece que seas un tio de ILM macho, has respondido como si fueras el O'Rei del 3D, ole tus cojones, ni los de ILM o pixar, fijate lo que te digo, habla con esa prepotencia. Así que hacerlo tu, que solo haces 4 renders bonitos, mira si tiene delito eso.
* Benkenove: Vamos a ver, ¿no hay que tocar la obra del gran maestro? , pero qué eres, ¿un rabino?. Sois pelotas profesionales por lo que veo, ¿no? La unica intencion ha sido la de tratar de mejorar una cosa, que despues el autor tomará o no en cuenta, eso es distinto. Lo unico que ha hecho ha sido cambiar las tonalidades y nada más, no describas la situación como si hubiese quemado un Picasso.

*Blasphemy: ¿Ataque o arrogancia? pero qué me dices. Acaso ha quitado la firma de siquier de la imagen? porque yo la estoy viendo y no he tomado ningun tripi. Y además lo comparas con la cosa más inútil que podria pasarsele a nadie por la cabeza. Pones lo que ha hecho como si fuese u ndelito. Si quieres cojer la imagen suya para poenr el bigote, hazlo libremente (siempre que conserve su firma y especifíques que es de él), que no va a pasar nada. Mandasela a glader, que seguro se reirá mucho y de paso a Aznar.
Blasphemy: La opinion que se pide es eso, una opinion y cuanto mas rica y variada creo que mas enriquecedora tio.
Tú mismo te acabas de echar tierra encima. ¿acaso el no ha opinado de una forma rica y , sobre todo variada? porque esos "cool" no son precisamente variados.
Blasphemy: Es solo que una obra con tanto curro no puede cargarse en el photoshop y cambiarla de ese modo y pretender que a todos les siente bien.
La opinion sobre esa obra, a ti ni a vosotros elementos, os va ni os viene. Es una opinión dirigida al autor, que como especifiqué anteriormente, puede tomarla o no. Así que eso de que a todos les siente bien, te lo debes de guardar para cuando postees algo tuyo. Entonces dices "me molestó", pero ahora no.

Pues ahi queda. Más respeto y dedos de frente, que parece mentira que tenga que escribir un post para meteros las cabras en el corral, cuando sabiendo que no sois ninguna eminencia, hablais como si pertenecierais a otra galaxia, como si fuerais pros: nunca vais a ver a un verdadero profesional de responderle a nadie, por muy tonta gilipollas que sea el asunto, de esa forma. Que el peloteo no se paga.

De nuevo, siquier, perdona que te estropee el post. Pero esta actitud me sobre pasa.

blasphemy3_d
07-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Ehh una doble con queso y dos de patatas por favor.

razzi
07-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Excuse me SPANISH PEOPLE....may I know what you talk about?...I also want to know what are you guys fighting about and ...I love to read Gossips....LOL:beer:

Dont get me wrong....I ALWAYS ADMIRE JUAN'S WORK !!!

Rauru
07-27-2003, 10:15 PM
jambhala, la única forma de participar es para liarla?

Volviendo a la polémica inicial , yo creo que el tema se ha exagerado un poco, es cierto que modificar una obra está mal, pero acabamos de ver que no lo hizo con mala intención.

Saludos GladeR :beer: y al resto tmb

twdsgn
07-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Rauru :thumbsdow

rip
07-27-2003, 10:21 PM
He editado el post y sintiendo que se haya ido de madre la historia del Nick de Glader (disculpa)....el resto de mi contestacion no creo que sea ni prepotente ni fuera de tono. Simplemente creo que alguien que coge una imagen de siquier y la pone en blanco y negro no entiende el trabajo de siquier.
Jambhala te has ido 3 pueblos compañero...supongo ke andas muy ocioso ultimamente.
Un saludo

incognito
07-27-2003, 10:36 PM
wow! amazing--- those textures rock! especially the water stains and old pipes. like the blinds too. i agree with others though-- something a little weird about the fov--- especially at the curb and rails-- it looks a little too tweaked or something.

but great work!

:applause:

jambhala
07-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Rectificar es de sabios rip y no pasa nada. No me he pasado tres pueblos, porque simplemente tu respuesta fue como un bofetón en la cara, la parte de que "no entiendes estos trabajos tio", tu opinion sobre el trabajo de siquier es respetable como la que más, qué menos. Pero esa respuesta no fue a mi y me tocó un tanto las narices (completada por las otras 2). Que no entiende el trabajo de siquier, me reservo la respuesta porque no se merezca esto siquier, que bastante sufrirá cuando ea toda esta parafernalia. Que cambiando la respuesta por otra cosa más amigable zanja el asunto, que tampoco podemos ir escribiendo la ligera ;)

*Sokar: no comment. Ya hablaremos en el chat. (leí el primero y el segundo)

*Hi razzi. I´m sorry because all of you have to read other language that you don't understand :( The subject of this is some answer..."rare" anwser which shall be fixed :). I´m sorry again for all of you.

Rauru
07-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Quité el primero por no meter basura en el post de siquier... no rectifico nada de lo que dije, te lo aseguro.

Y espero que toda la polémica se termine aquí... ya hablaremos, si.

Yoda: ok

Rivendale
07-27-2003, 11:06 PM
Jag fattar inte vad ni snackar om, skulle ni kunna ta det på svenska också?:)

siquier- Gosse vilken fin bild, älskar atmosfären!
(siquier- Very nice image, love the atmosphere!)

ja3d
07-27-2003, 11:23 PM
Other great work Juan, I love the details, but I think the detalis will see better if you put more lighting in dark part.

(Nada tio, k me encanta, lo k me vuelvo loco pa decirtelo en inglés, Saludos)

baby
07-27-2003, 11:32 PM
jambhala
no me lo creo que todavia estais hablando de esto..

mouhahaha...

pobre Juan !!! you're thread is all messy now... :drool:

Spozzfreund
07-28-2003, 02:13 AM
Great work! :bowdown:

goodlag
07-28-2003, 02:14 AM
awesome work! :love:

rasmusW
07-28-2003, 03:12 AM
hey siquier

WOW really nice pict... nice spanish/mexican feel about it. i think. -not really got that much to comment on, exept i think that the sidestep looks a bit more 3d'ish compared to the rest and perhaps you could make a bit more dirt under the drainpipes (kind a like old water runnig down)...

besides that. REALLY COOL pict.

keep it my friend
:beer:

slaughters
07-28-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by razzi
Excuse me SPANISH PEOPLE....may I know what you talk about?...I also want to know what are you guys fighting about I'm just amused that Googles Spanish to English translation refuses to translate "cojones".

-={MMC}=-Stitch
07-28-2003, 04:41 AM
Im speechless... texturing is the genius of this work

hanzo
07-28-2003, 07:30 AM
well, what can I say :thumbsup: it's another great render from a great artist, keep it up siquier..

hogg
07-28-2003, 07:49 AM
nice, ....reminds me of a "shrek" render, ....."shrek's national lampoons vacation"

STRAT
07-28-2003, 08:10 AM
excellent texturing job, but completely un-photo real for me, typically cg i'm afraid. maybe because the textures are too full on maybe. i dont find the texturing and colour saturation levels true to life.

cermit
07-28-2003, 08:50 AM
just excellent

Kulu_Kulu
07-28-2003, 08:54 AM
i llove the mood, really beautyfull !! :drool:

kulu

siquier
07-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks to everybody to comment the image, I agree with many critics and I will try to use that teaching in the future. I am glad with the welcome of my render and that stimulates me to work more.
Thanks again folks. :)

Javier3D
07-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Otra vez la haces buena Mr Siquier.

Asi da gusto.... :arteest:

PS: Excuse me guys for our spanish way of crits.....seems that we love to argue .....lol.... :wip:

Oh!! I almost forgot it....."COJONES" means "bollocks"......uhmmm

icarvs
07-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by STRAT
excellent texturing job, but completely un-photo real for me, typically cg i'm afraid. maybe because the textures are too full on maybe. i dont find the texturing and colour saturation levels true to life.

First of all I want to agree that this is a great work, as usual, brought to us by Siquier. Just keep doing it, friend.

Now, I would like to criticize some attitudes y see frecuently in this kind of posts. 3D is a way of art. The goal of 3D may be sometimes to render real life, but many other times the goal is to show the author own view of life.

I can't understand why some people always look for photo-realism inside 3D pics. You can do a great 3D image, and also non photo-real. This image can be a perfect example. Siquier has a well known style, and this style is non photo-realistic (altough it could seem the opposite).

This is a masterpiece of art. And there's no complaint about it. You can crit something like an error on the image, something that the author forgot. But you can not crit the style just 'cos it's not the same as yours.

We should learn to view the others work as is, a personal view of life that doesn't need to be the same as ours. If we like photo-realism that's ok, but please enjoy non photo-realistic jobs without saying "that is not photo- realistic, you should fix it!".

Just a comment, don't take it seriously ;)

HapZungLam
07-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Please, i am experiencing on texturing a simular kind of scene. Can you point me out a good way to unrap?

Do you cut everything into pieces? how do you divide them into sections?

slaughters
07-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Javier3D
Oh!! I almost forgot it....."COJONES" means "bollocks"......uhmmm Yes, being from Texas I hear that a lot :). I just thought it was funny that Babblefish and Google Language tools refused to translate it.

STRAT
07-28-2003, 05:20 PM
icarvs - fair comments :)

i'm all up for purely artistical and non photoreal imagery, but this strikes me as a job thats typically striving for photo realism. and imho it falls short. hence my comments.

please dont think i judge all work by the photo realism stick.

Again, we all have the right to crit in whatever way we feel, rightly or wrongly. (which of course, there is no right or wrong).

But my comments still stand - outstanding work, but i feel he WAS striving for photorealism, especially since he posted up the orig photo. i just feel this aspect of it falls short.

siquier
07-28-2003, 05:43 PM
he WAS striving for photorealism, especially since he posted up the orig photo. i just feel this aspect of it falls short.
:shame: Oh no, no... I used the picture as starting point, as inspiration, I copied what I liked a lot and I invented other things, for example the shadows, the textures and the coloring. I sometimes copy a lot because I like the picture but this it is not the case.:shrug: What I looked for was an illustration look with some realism.
Thanks anyway. :)

Kel Solaar
07-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Impressive work as usual!

chewaka
07-29-2003, 05:45 AM
JOOOER lo que se encuentra uno a las 6:57 de la mañana del lunes despues de jugar al Starwars galaxies, digo, voy a darme unas vueltecillas por los foros...joer

que na siquier, mu guapa la imagen, paso de meterme en rollos de criticas......buen trabajo tio

ale, me voy a la cama.......hay que joerse con el 3D, con lo bien que se esta en Tatooine.:thumbsup:

prrr!
07-29-2003, 07:02 AM
great work

amazing , sigues dejandonos sin aliento con tu talento:drool:
:applause: :applause: :applause:

mehdianim
07-29-2003, 12:08 PM
it's beauuuutiful
I love the lighting let's have a drihnk there!!:beer: :beer:

siquier
07-30-2003, 06:18 PM
I have uploaded a full resolution version, Check it here (http://webs.ono.com/usr000/sik/images/dbt_cafe_1600.jpg)

NowhereMan
07-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Wow!

Amazing, simply amazing mr siquier...., i like it very much, i've been watching your works and all of em are too great!! The color combo of this last one is just amazing, my favorite one!! With this hi res version we can see details that were all hidden by the low res.

No crits at all, keep up the awesome works!!:beer:

DaKrunch
07-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Siquier: Great job man i love that rendering! I dont know if your goal was full photorealism since the rendering gives me some doubt... then i saw the reference photo and i had the same doubts with the photo!!! so maybe i should just change my old monitor and shut up :blush:
i love spanish places anyway! :)

All the spanish-writing people!
i followed with interest the thread and don't want to enter the discussion but please remember that this is an international forum and its official language is english. We all know that writing in english might be troublesome for someone (for me 4 xample!) if you have to write something more than "cool" or "great job"... but please respect other people here and make the effort. Private messages are more appropriate for writing in another language aren't they?

and now.. let's drink and forget the quarrel! :beer:

RuneV
07-30-2003, 10:58 PM
omg! the full res verson is so b e a utifull!! :love:
The details in the windows, the blue shadows, etc.

PolyMangler
07-30-2003, 11:48 PM
first off kudos on the image and very good use of polys

for critiques i'd say...

1)desaturate the entire image just a tad and on the store canopy and the DBT CAFE grude them up a lil more and desaturate, they tend to draw the eye they are so vibrante

2) DOF would add alot to it

3)some evidence of rain damage would really play up the building

Enrique Gato
07-31-2003, 08:38 AM
Great Siquier, I love the plot of your pics, I've always liked the representation of old villages, and you're becaming an expert in this area.
I see that you've modified the original pic you posted, I hope it's just for your own opinion so that you didn't get pressed by the comments of the people.

Congratulations.

xerife
07-31-2003, 10:51 AM
I Love it. Beautiful!!! I always follow your work and this one is as great as all off your stuff.:applause:

I just have something to say:rolleyes: The little red cylinders on the tubes dividing the walkway from the road don't look nice. Make them another colour your a lighter red.;)

FabioMSilva
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM
simply beautiful

unwrap
08-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Well. I can't say it is photo realistic, but this looks a way better than a photo could. I mean this is more beautiful than a real photo. Don't pay attention to the shit that some people say, your renders are always amazing - stunning texturing and lighting, outstanding details - great colors.

Siulk
08-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Guau, te ha salido espectacular.:applause:
Yo kiero llegar a ese acabado.
Buen Trabajo.

C0C00N
08-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Wow a realistic render of an old spanish house, please could you post a wireframe of the scene?, not a flat shaded + wireframe.

It could be very interesting see a real wireframe of an isometric view of the scene.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: a ver si pasas un dia por el irc y nos comentas como empezaste a hacerla. saludos! y suerte en Granada! :cool:

mars2003
08-05-2003, 02:28 PM
thats great,i like

Encore
08-05-2003, 02:30 PM
oh man, that's absolutely wonderful... I look at it again and again and again, and the more I look the less suggestions I have. it's close to perfection. :drool:

rollmops
08-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Just to say it's a great great job!
Only few among us take the risk to show their inspiration picture! Keep on!:wavey:

zaam
08-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Siquier,

Outstanding work. I am curious as to how it would look if you softened the light just a small amount.

Just beautiful.

3Dan
08-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Many modelers crave for "realism" and forget that there are illustrations as well. Illustrations can be done with modeling, as siquier has been demonstrating so expertly in his work. i am an illustrator and never intended my scenes to look "real".

YounesOUHBI
08-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Lighting is very good
Mood is there...
Textures are well done (with realistic dirt and so on...)

As far as i'm concerned, the only thing that's missing is chaos at the geometry level: need more cracks especially when it comes to the windows and hard edges...

Very good work overall!!:thumbsup:

tyio
08-07-2003, 05:01 PM
could you show your lighting setup ..??? and where you put your light ?
The realism is perfect:beer:

Eric Forman
08-08-2003, 03:56 AM
Anda tio!!!! que buen trabajo el que habeis hecho....!!!

English: WOw man great job..... English is my native language, but i also talk spanish very well .......

Cya and Good Luck....

Te felicito.......

Sakudos,
Cheers,

Eric

lildragon
08-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Wee bit behind on everything these days, but I'm catching back up :) What can I say that already hasn't been said (in numerous languages I might add ;)) But I absolutely love the colors/lighting and the building itself, another reason why I want to have my honeymoon in Spain ;) Great attention to detail. Very worthy of a gallery spot.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Inspiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_aug03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

siquier
08-21-2003, 09:56 AM
another reason why I want to have my honeymoon in Spain
Congratulations!!!, call me when you and your wife are here.
Thanks for the award.

mrcasson
08-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Very impressive work, I love the lights and materials. did you used daylight?
:wavey:

buzzlightyr
08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
your just to much, nice work :buttrock:

Rape me
08-21-2003, 01:04 PM
Very nice~~~~I like it~~~

Fantastic Plastic Machine
09-23-2005, 01:47 AM
It's amazing, but feels small somehow. Perhaps higher resolution textures and smaller paint-peeling areas would help. It sort of looks like a miniature. Actually I love this feel, but it may not be what you're going for. The street might be too blurry.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2005, 01:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.