PDA

View Full Version : the linear workflow again

misterwolfy
06-24-2009, 05:38 AM
I was wondering if it might be helpful, to those like me who are still trying to get it right, if users would share their work flow.

Perhaps in numbered steps, from image capture, to editing, texturing, rendering , through compositing. Tools and techniques. I promise to do the same when I get it right.

Thanks for reading.

W

chemkid
06-24-2009, 08:06 AM
hi misterwolfy!

follow this thread ---> (read it from start to end) ... (at least 2 (two) times!!)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=610790

and:

follow ALL links in this thread and read the blogs of master zap and all the others contributing to this thread.

that should help you (it sure helped me!)

chem!

misterwolfy
06-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks ChemKid! I did read that thread a while ago. I read it only once though, not twice. I will repeat as recommended.

In the mean time, do you have a defined work flow, that is easy enough to describe?

Thanks ,

W

mister3d
06-24-2009, 12:22 PM
You've been given a good link, just read it through, especially Masterzap links if you are a max user.

chemkid
06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
@misterwolfy,

i'm sure you'll find your own workflow inside the above thread.
instead of starting a new linear workflow thread - just my advice (for the meantime): put your compositing and rendering on hold and find out everything about gamma, exr, tonemapping, all linear workflow... and how it relates, before starting your next render.

hope you'll find your way,

cheers,

chem!

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.