PDA

View Full Version : loosing saved scenes upon reloading?

phamarus
06-24-2009, 02:20 AM
this is weird, Ivé been trying out vue 7.5 ple for a couple of days..I just got me some nice
godray skies and saved them out with different names such as sunsky 1,sunsky 2 etc..

I was about to load them again but when I do the scenefiles are destroyed in a way.
what happens is that thou the scenefile was saved as a spectral atmosphere and shows the preview thumb perfectly okay, upon loading it switches atmosphere model to volumetric and all cloud layers are gone...very annoying, and Ive just got me some nice skies probably lost:(

anyone knows whatīs going on?

Michael

guardonduty
06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Hmmmmm....Could be a memory issue. I had been working with this one file for along time before saving it until the system forced me to save it and reboot(everything acting weird). Upon rebooting and opening the file everything looked different. So what I do now is work a little, then save, work a little then save and it's fine now.

phamarus
06-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Hmmmmm....Could be a memory issue. I had been working with this one file for along time before saving it until the system forced me to save it and reboot(everything acting weird). Upon rebooting and opening the file everything looked different. So what I do now is work a little, then save, work a little then save and it's fine now.

donīt know really whatīs goin on, I had no problems what I know of when I saved the scene
and I saved several versions in a row after just small tweakings to the sky. I wonder if it could be related to the way the scene is saved with names, but I donīt think it is.

I tried exiting the program, making a simple scene with just a spectral cloud and saving it, then when loading it, it just switches to volumetric atmosphere and all clouds and settings are gone?? :(
It seems that it is something that happens to saved scenefiles recently when the problem accured, loading older scenes before the problem started works okey thou.

I didnīt check if it works after rebooting the computer, I was to tired with it yesterday,but
Ill check it out this evening, if itīs the same problem when saving scenefiles Ill probably do a reinstall or send a bug report for vue 7.5 ple.

Michael

guardonduty
06-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I usually run a program called CCcleaner that's cleans up "TEMP" files and other junk from my PC. Maybe a "TEMP" file is holding old settings. Try "PURGE MEMORY" menu selection inside VUE Infinite.

phamarus
06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Ive already tried purge memory, but that doesnīt help and I rebooted the computer but itīs still the same.

what Ive just recently noticed is that when save the scene first without rendering and then openening it again it will work just fine, but if I do a render to screen to check how the scene looks like and then save the scene I wonīt be able to open the scene with itīs settings...it just keeps switching to volumetric atmosphere and looses all cloud layers..what a weird behavior.

Ive also noticed that if I save the scene and not render to screen, and just before Im about to load the scene, I can see that the preview thumbnail of the scene is displayed without the ple watermark..but the scene is loaded okay.

But saving the scene after rendered to screen will give a load scene preview thumbnail with a ple watermark and the scene will be destroyed by switching to volumetric mode instead of the original spectral mode.

Michael

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2009, 08:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.