PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Render Any Animation Sequences

Vert-Ex
06-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I was just breaking into Maya 2008 recently and trying the Ocean Shader tutorial that came with it, the one with the box floating around in it, and I'm unable to render it as a 100-frame animation. I've gone into the render settings and selected the options to render it as a multi-frame sequence with the Maya Software renderer and everytime I click render I just get the first frame. I've read up on this in the help files and a score of websites in the last hour and all I keep seeing is to select "Render > Batch Render". There is no "Render" menu nor any such option anywhere in the program interface. If I mouse over the render buttons, the tooltip always just says "Render the current frame". Selecting a movie format, like AVI, still only renders the first frame. I beg your help on this! Where is this elusive "Batch Rendering" menu?!

This is a student version of Maya 2008 Unlimited I purchased some months back but there are no program limitations - it's identical in functionality to the full retail version, just a different license that basically says I can't make money from it. :curious: Using the 64-bit version. Thanks for the help!

Vert-Ex
06-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Ack! I figured it out! Sort of. I found a Batch Render button on the Rendering tab of the Shelf toolbar though I'm not sure that's the one everyone else seems to be referencing. Either way, it worked perfectly for me. Sorry for the panic!

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2009, 02:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.