PDA

View Full Version : reel trouble...

Sarford
06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi guys,

I've made a mini show reel, mainly for my brother, who works at a London ad agency, to show around at his job.

I'm working on a bigger reel with more animation and also stills, comps etc. but that will take a few extra months at least before its finished. So I want to see if I can use this reel to get some freelance gigs in games or film/commercials.

Can the professionals here (especialy people who (co-)decide on hirering) please tell me if this reel is any good?
Does this mini reel give you some confidence that I could do the job?
Is it too long or too short?
Does it look amateurisch and should I forget professional work with such a reel?
Am I better off waiting for my big reel to finish?
Is this perfect and you wanna give me a job?

Right now I'm an independant graphic designer, but I wanna change professions. I'm a bit fed up with my job now and have always wanted to work in games and film. I've seen many show reels on the net, but the quality differs so much... As this is my first show reel, I wanna know if I'm going in the right direction.

So, be frank and don't hold back.

You can see my mini reel here on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/5290666)

CGTalk Moderation
06-23-2009, 05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.