PDA

View Full Version : New online portfolio (LW of course)

need4cg
07-25-2003, 05:26 AM
I just started up my website to showcase the work I've done using Lightwave.

Website (http://www.kessler3d.com)

Demo Reel (http://www.kessler3d.com/DanKesslerReel.mpg)

Psyhke
07-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Very "clean" rendering style. In a postive way, I mean. The vehicles are nice. The demo reel has a good consistency of content to it-- it definitely showcases well the broadcast style of graphics that you do.

I don't know what you can do with this, but: the still images seem to say 'I'm a hobbiest', while the demo reel says 'I'm a professional'. Not because of a disparity of quality, just that the content itself of the stills, out of context, appears as random hobbiest subject matter, at first viewing.

need4cg
07-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Psyhke,

I can see what you mean about the stills. The site was mainly created to show off the demo reel. The stills are from other miscellaneous projects that have come my way. They are mostly created for print and web purposes so I couldn't really incorporate them into the reel. I figured they would best suited for an image gallery. For the most part, I was presenting the modeling and rendering involved. An image of the remote control was for product concept design, and I thought it would be cool to show it since the final product is on store shelves now.

I'm currently working on a modeling reel since I'm trying to display modeling skills. Maybe that would be better than the images.

Since this is my first website, I could use any tips when I redesign it at some point.

Zarathustra
07-25-2003, 05:14 PM
If you want to push the modeling skills, try posting little clips of your models doing a 360 - maybe both textured and wireframe. Maybe even some way the viewer could rotate the model.

These are thoughts I've had for myself as well.

Right now, your mechanical models greatly outshine the character models.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.