PDA

View Full Version : None autodesk oriented 3D animation schools in Europe?

Jetbird
06-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone!

Recently I graduated multimedia college in my country but I would like to continue my studies and learn more 3D animation. My issue is that I don't want to deal with Autodesk or Adobe products. is there any 3D animation or special effects oriented universities or colleges to offer courses for 3D animation or other type of CGI with tools like Cinema 4D or Blender or anything that is not Autodesk and is not relies on Adobe also? The best thing would be if it was somewhere in Europe and in English language. The more it is affordable the better. ;)

Thank you for your help in advance.

Sincerely,

Jetbird

P.S. Don't forget to visit Carrara 3D Expo project and download beautiful e-book with art made using Carrara 3D software:
www.carrara3dexpo.com

Kanga
06-21-2009, 04:47 PM
If you have already completed a multi media course then only two extremes will do for you. Either a dedicated education or this: Free Learning. (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=283&t=768736) In the first instance you will be hard pressed to dictate what software is used, in the second no Autodesk or Adobe is present.

What a strange thread.

Aneks
06-21-2009, 09:38 PM
what a strange attitude. I would think that as a student you should be looking to learn the more common industry tools that would increase your chances of future employment.

But there ya go !

switchblade327
06-21-2009, 11:37 PM
what a strange attitude. I would think that as a student you should be looking to learn the more common industry tools that would increase your chances of future employment.

Yeah... if you want to actually work in 3d it's pretty much guaranteed you will have to work with Autodesk and Adobe software at some point, if not every day.

cresshead
06-22-2009, 12:07 AM
so, err why no autodesk or adobe?

if your self employed then use whatever you want but learning 3d/2d for a 'day job' then you'd be expected to know autodesk/adobe software or at least be open to use it so not to restrict the market your looking to work pick up employment in...

might help you know!

as above, each to their own.

good luck.

MCHammond
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm not gonna ask why no Autodesk? but, Animation as a skill is separate from the animation program.

you could learn to animate in Maya at school and when finished switch to C4D or Blender or Lightwave easily as you will have already learned how to animate you just need to know how to use the program!

That said there are plenty of option's:
The blender foundation does courses that you can book, but if you want to learn to animate why not do Animation Mentor? (http://www.animationmentor.com/) you can use what ever program you want even paper and pencil! you will obviously lack the rigs in blender :( but there are free rigs available if you don't want to make your own!

just do a check before making a big commitments OK!

berniebernie
07-25-2009, 05:13 PM
i find it honorable that people get good training on blender, maybe it will someday be implemented firmly in various companies. having said that, it is very hard to work in VFX or SFX or motion design without A & A software.

matus
07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Hello everybody.

There is new Autodesk Authorised Training Centre in Czech Republic, Prague. :cool:
This school is focused to media & entertainment Autodesk SW: Maya, Motion Builder, 3dsMax, Mudbox etc.
The facility is equipped with own audio/video studio (ProTools, Final Cut) and 6-cameras Motion Capture system by Vicon.
Check it here :thumbsup:: http://academy.spafi.org

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.