PDA

View Full Version : Old gnom Walk cycle

Neon67
06-21-2009, 04:52 AM
hi all

i'm currently animating a walk cycle for a short movie project , and i would like your advices and coms on my current version

you can watch it here : http://vimeo.com/5253194

stuartb
06-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Nice start you have here. Few quick crits:

- There is no weight in the push off. The foot needs to come up on it's toe more and not pull off the ground until the very last second. This is currently making the feet look floaty.

- Watch the knee pops. You need to smooth these outs by adjusting the spacing for the hips and the forward movement on each foot.

- The upper body looks kind of odd doing the double wobble. It may be because the upper torso is pretty stiff right now. I would first try loosening it up a bit then pull back on the wobble as necessary.

- Also, the head looks very stiff right now. Loosen it up slightly with a tad of overlap.

- The feet take too many frames to go from their contact-position to their flat-on-the-ground position. I would remove 1-2 frames in there.

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2009, 06:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.