PDA

View Full Version : what kind of maths do i need to go into programming?

eathquaketry
06-20-2009, 06:55 PM
i am new with max script and i found things such atan, atan2 , delta, cos, sin and alot of more things related to maths that i know very little about it.
i just want to know what kind of math this it (its name) ? and where i found resources to learn such things? what books should i get............
thanx in advance.........

fuzzylizard
06-25-2009, 05:30 AM
For 3D stuff you need to have a good grounding in trigonometry (both 2d and 3d) as well as geometry, linear algebra, matrices, etc. There are probably other branches as well. You can probably leave number theory out of it, but a little bit of calculus probably wouldn't hurt.

st3dcenter
06-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Precalculus or Math 110 or (Math 100 and 102 together) in College.I think you should go until Math 108 for transfering to university.Good luck

eathquaketry
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Precalculus or Math 110 or (Math 100 and 102 together) in College.I think you should go until Math 108 for transfering to university.Good luck

Sorry, what is math 110 or math 100 ........... what is this you dont have to explain for your time, you can just drop me a link..........

Meloncov
07-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Sorry, what is math 110 or math 100 ........... what is this you dont have to explain for your time, you can just drop me a link..........

U.S. system of classification for classes. The hundreds refer to year (so one hundred is freshman, 200 is sophmore, ect. though it is sometimes possible to place into higher level classes), while the ones digit refers to a specific class. Math 100 is algebra, I believe, while I think math 110 is intro-calculus.

How much math you'll need depends on how ambitious you are. You can go a long ways with just geometry, but to do anything groundbreaking, you'll need advanced calculus at the very least.

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2009, 07:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.