PDA

View Full Version : Putting several camera's to render in batch

Snuurtje
06-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Hi,

I got like 750 frames that need rendering twice. It will take about 4 hours, to do so, but I need it from 2 camera's, so thats 1500 frames total. How can i put this in a batch? I only know how to render out all the frames i need from 1 single camera.

Greetings!

mechaniac
06-20-2009, 11:29 AM
in the attribute editor set the camera to "renderable"
each camera which is set to renderable will render the scene.

tasiek
06-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I have similar problem. I have two render layers and two cameras. I want to render each render layer from one specific camera? Render layers seems not to "remember" renderable switch in attribute editor.

Any idea?

djx
06-22-2009, 05:02 AM
tasiek: before you change the renderable switch in your render-layer, right-click on it and create a layer-override. Then it will remember.

-- David

praburaj
06-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Select the render layer if you have created.....
Click on the render layer settings.... (or) you can open render globals after selecting render Layer,on renderable cameras option... add renderable camera and right click and set layer override....
Like this you can add any number of cameras....
After setting layer override if extra camera is added in other layers you can delete any extra camera on any render layers...
If you don't have any render layers... you can just open render globals and add any number of renderable cameras....

Ironhalo
06-23-2009, 04:00 PM
how are you batch rendering? are you using a render farm client? a .bat file? you can also ty the -cam function too.

cavemen
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
if you are creating a bat file type -cam camera1 -rl diffuse
to render out diffuse layer from camera1
and similarly type -cam camera2 -rl diffuse
to render out diffuse layer from camera2

I hope this was helpful

tasiek
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks a lot guys! layer override switch works perfectly!

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.