PDA

View Full Version : Finalrender Stage-1 Released!!!

Massemannen
07-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Read the article here

http://www.cgarchitect.com/news/newsfeed.asp?nid=1365

:thumbsup:

halo
07-24-2003, 12:10 PM
from cebas' own website

10/25/2002 finalToon R 1.0 Ready
finalToon is ready to ship now! Place your orders, now.

thats october last year, and theres nothing on their site saying its actually physically shipping...perhaps it is, but perhaps its just not again eh

mattregnier
07-24-2003, 02:09 PM
halo-

final toon is not final render--- :D

yog
07-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by mattregnier
halo-

final toon is not final render--- :D

No, but if you substitute "Final Render" for "Final Toon" and Halo has it correct.

I ordered Final Render Stage-1 last September.

halo
07-24-2003, 05:07 PM
sorry speed read it...

but like yog said its been available to purchase for ages, lets hope its shipping this time :)

easy
07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
I wish they had just said that they had been delaying this release in time for Siggraph and Discreet’s realise of the newer version of 3d Studio. i emailed them months ago and they said it will be out in a few weeks. I don't like the fact that they didn't just admit to this if this is the case.

Anyway i bet i end up buying it anyway :D

yog
07-25-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by easy
I wish they had just said that they had been delaying this release in time for Siggraph and Discreet’s realise of the newer version of 3d Studio.

Not quite.
Some key features (ie - Micro Texture Displacement), only made it back into the beta program a few weeks ago, so instead of delaying it for Siggraph, Cebas more likely rushed it out for Siggraph.

Probably thought (rightly), that it might not be a good idea to anounce it one Siggraph with a release date of one month hence, and not have it ready for the next Siggraph a year later :shrug:

mrwilt
07-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Our company ordered the upgrade last October from our local sales rep. They called today asking if we still wanted the upgrade, so I'm guessing it will be shipped soon. :shrug:

Rhino
07-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Preorders are being processed now, Stage 1 is available for download (once purchased ;) ) from turbosquid :thumbsup:

easy
07-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by yog
Not quite.
Some key features (ie - Micro Texture Displacement), only made it back into the beta program a few weeks ago, so instead of delaying it for Siggraph, Cebas more likely rushed it out for Siggraph.

Still, back in January they said to me it would be ready for sale in a few weeks... it is now half a year later. This was only when i decided to find out when it will be out when they previously mentioned it would be ready in December last year. I guess sales/marketing and developers aren't communicating to well.

Never mind, i'd rather they produce a stable product than a buggy one :)

KiboOst
07-25-2003, 09:44 AM
It IS out, just download it and render :beer:

Kib

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.