PDA

View Full Version : cell shading question (edges)

-JT-
07-24-2003, 11:46 AM
I tried the super cell shader and the unreal shader, they both give good results but i would like to get uneven edges.
I mean i'd like the edges to be thick at somes places and thin at others (randomly or not).
Is this possible ? I tried fixing things in the processing tab (unreal edges) but with no result, do presets exist ?

vbk!!!
07-24-2003, 12:16 PM
in the "toontracer" ( the image filter plug of unreal) you can strectch your stencil and give it a angle. With that you can have different thickness for your edges.
But i don't like the rendering
If there's anothers solution i'm ready to read all ideas :)

Celshader i khnow you have some tricks to help us ;)

Infinity3d4life
07-24-2003, 02:07 PM
you could use a gradient in your color channel based on the incidence angle for the surface that your using.. that gives you a different look..

faulknermano
07-24-2003, 03:35 PM
explore stroke follower when you get past the basic line strokes. awesome feature of unreal that's probably the main reason why i use it.

Infinity3d4life
07-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Stroke Follower?? Hmm. seems i have to look into this as well... Thanks for the tip..

vbk!!!
07-24-2003, 03:53 PM
i dont understand

please where can i find this stroke follower
is it a option in unreal ?

-JT-
07-24-2003, 04:16 PM
thanks for the answers !
so now the question is : where is stroke follower ??? :)

faulknermano
07-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by vbk!!!
i dont understand

please where can i find this stroke follower
is it a option in unreal ?

yes.. click on the F button beside the attributes of the the edge tracer (like line width, size, etc). you can compare it to 'gradients.' based on certain parameters, you can control the attributes to a fine degree.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.