PDA

View Full Version : particle continuity problem

DarkVark
07-24-2003, 10:28 AM
hi there .

im attepting to create a fountain using Maya partices , i'm new to dynamics as you can see .

I am having trouble keeping the particles controlled after a certain amount of time , i dont know if its my gravity field or rate of emmision causing the partickles to skip .It could poossibly be the particle
radius and/of threshold. I realy dont know.

I've included a render of what it looks like . please help

DarkVark
07-24-2003, 10:32 AM
i forgot the pic

DarkVark
i forgot the pic

DarkVark
i forgot the pic

daniloxl
07-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Honestly I can't see or quite understand what's your problem here but if your problem is distance between individual particles increasing over time, that's natural phenomenon...just scale up emitter rate...
I think that should solve your problem...if that's your problem
Good luck

alexx
07-25-2003, 11:02 AM
either higher emsission rate or higher oversampling values..

cheers

alexx

misterdi
07-25-2003, 01:33 PM
As alexx said you need to increase oversampling, so the particle will be calculated in-between frames. But also you might want to increase the particle radius so they would be blend together.

And give slight turbulence to break the flow slightly.

Best regards,

Scott212
08-07-2003, 01:26 AM
this seems to be something nobody has mentioned and I'm not sure why....

First of all, make sure you are using blobby surfaces for a particle render type. Then the big button under the render type that you hit when you need to change some of the attributes of the particle RENDER TYPE will reveal two adjustable attributes: radius and threshold. The radius changes the radius of the individual particles (PP = per particle) and the threshold considers the distance between the particles and at what point they should blob together.

I really suggest checking out Michael McKinley's realistic liquid tutorial as it covers almost this exact situation. (Plus he's an extremely helpful guy!)

http://www.mtmckinley.net/frames.html

Cheers!
Scott212

misterdi
08-07-2003, 05:26 AM
Ehm, sorry, but isn't that radius work as global radius for all particles in that particle object.
Isn't it the radiusPP attribute that handle per particle radius?.

So setting radius 2, in render type attribute will give radius 2 for each particle in the particle object, but you can set radiusPP let say on creation as rand(0.2, 2.0), that will give you random radius for each particle between 0.2 and 2.0.

What do you think?

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.