PDA

View Full Version : Transparency issues with pass system

mlager8
06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I am new to the render pass system and seem to be having transparency issues. I am rendering out my test scene with a diffuse, ambient, indirect lighting, reflection, refraction, and specular pass. I am saving out a precomp file and opening it all up in toxik. The test scene I set up has a matte object, a reflective object, and a glass object. When I open the precomp file and it assembles everything properly, but the glass is too bright, the rest of the image is dark and the glass will not cast shadows at all. If I look at the beauty map that is automatically generated everything looks perfect, shadows and all, however if I look at the passes seperatley none of them contain shadow information for the glass object. It seems the final render image looks perfect but when dealing with transparent objects the buffer is not being extracted properly for and transparent object/matertials. Just to note an am using all maya materials, no mental ray materials at all. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.