PDA

View Full Version : July: Topics Discussion

Splinter
06-17-2009, 03:40 AM
It is June 16, 2009 and time to start thinking about possible non-audio topics for the month of July. I have seen a few new faces and hope to see many more. If you are new to the animation mini challenge, I would like to welcome you and encourage anyone, no matter what your experience may be, to join in.

In order to grasp and maintain the interest of all the animators out there, this thread is here so that all of our needs, wants, and toughest obstacles show up in the monthly challenge. There needs to be rules in order to keep things fair and in the best interests of the challenge, which is to have FUN and learn from our experiences and peers.

1. Deadlines are final; anything posted after the set deadlines are void.
2. This thread is meant for suggestion and suggestions only
3. Voting will take place on June 27, 2009, on a completely new thread.
4. Suggestion will no longer be taken on June 26th, after midnight.
5. No inappropriate topics, we have to follow the rules set forth by “cgtalk.com”

mirkoj
06-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Oki, here are few ideas before going for 2nd pass on my june chalenge, it's bina while, got some things to work on :)

- Climbing a mountain with a full backpack on
- Any gym accident including some equipment (no need for hi detail models, just focus on character)
- Sneaking up on unsuspecting character
- Dr.Jekill becoming Mr.Hyde, (no shape change just pose/movement)

So.. here are few to start those juices flowing, will throw more in if I got some.

ivanlancaster
06-18-2009, 05:48 AM
Hey guys. Heya Mirko, hows it going, classmate? :)

So I've got a little bit of extra time on my hands and thought I might enter next month's competition! Very excited.

Here are some of my ideas for a pantomime piece:

- pulling/pushing a heavy object.
- an athletics/track & field event (running, hurdles, long jump, high jump, shotput, hammer throw etc.)
- a technophobe (scared/afraid of technology - examples: scared of escalator, can't figure out how to use ipod, getting angry at dvd player)
- watching a scary/funny movie.
- a swashbuckler (fighting, showing off, swordplay etc. - think Princess Bride)

-ivan

Splinter
06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Hello everyone, the month of June is coming to a close and t is now time to wrap everything up. We have a total of nine suggestions for our topic next month. I have posted a link at the bottom of this post that will navigate you to the voting thread. If you have participated in this month's challenge please go there and post your final animation or what will serve as your final submission.

There have been plenty of new faces and I have high hopes for the future of this challenge. So, I will be introducing a few new threads and polls to the mix. If you have any questions that can't be answered later on in this post please PM me and we can try to figure them out.

There is going to be a total of five threads. They won't all come up at once, only when the time comes will you see these threads. They are:

The Topics Discussion Thread
Topic Poll
Mini-Challenge
Poll on Final Animations
"Winners" Circle
Each thread will serve their own purpose. The first one (Topics Discussion) will be where we post our suggestions for the next month (just like now). In the second thread (Topic Poll) you will be able to place your vote for the topic you want to see in the following month. For the third thread (Mini-challenge) we will be able to post: WIPs, critiques, and final animations. Within the fourth thread (Poll on final animations) we will be able to vote for our favorite animation. Finally, the fifth thread is our "Winners" Circle. This is where we will be able to see the "Elite". Those who have fought through the WIPs, critiques, voting and have pulled out victorious. Favored amongst our peers this animation will reign among others within the "Winners" Circle!!! http://conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_muscle.gif

July's Topic Poll - HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=135&t=779594)

mirkoj
06-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey people..
I'm really sorry that I won't be able to finish my June animation chalenge.
It's bin a rough here, having some troubles with my dad in hospital and everything. I don't wan't to bother anyone with details, in any case, I'm afraid that my June chalenge animation will not be finished.. but I really hope that I will be able to participate in next chalenge and I'm looking forward for more people involved and more crits flying around.
Good luck everyone and see you in the next month chalenge.

freakbaba
06-28-2009, 05:54 AM
Hello everyone, the month of June is coming to a close and t is now time to wrap everything up. We have a total of nine suggestions for our topic next month. I have posted a link at the bottom of this post that will navigate you to the voting thread. If you have participated in this month's challenge please go there and post your final animation or what will serve as your final submission.

There have been plenty of new faces and I have high hopes for the future of this challenge. So, I will be introducing a few new threads and polls to the mix. If you have any questions that can't be answered later on in this post please PM me and we can try to figure them out.

There is going to be a total of five threads. They won't all come up at once, only when the time comes will you see these threads. They are:

The Topics Discussion Thread
Topic Poll
Mini-Challenge
Poll on Final Animations
"Winners" Circle
Each thread will serve their own purpose. The first one (Topics Discussion) will be where we post our suggestions for the next month (just like now). In the second thread (Topic Poll) you will be able to place your vote for the topic you want to see in the following month. For the third thread (Mini-challenge) we will be able to post: WIPs, critiques, and final animations. Within the fourth thread (Poll on final animations) we will be able to vote for our favorite animation. Finally, the fifth thread is our "Winners" Circle. This is where we will be able to see the "Elite". Those who have fought through the WIPs, critiques, voting and have pulled out victorious. Favored amongst our peers this animation will reign among others within the "Winners" Circle!!! http://conceptart.org/forums/images/ca_smilies/advanced/anj_muscle.gif

July's Topic Poll - HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=135&t=779594)

hey Splinter,

Nice to see these Animation Sessions picking up and I just dig the different threads you have organised. It keeps it really structured.

Thanks for putting thought into it !

Cant wait to rattle my animation brains !

Cheers!

Anirudh

Splinter
06-28-2009, 08:18 PM
hey Splinter,

Nice to see these Animation Sessions picking up and I just dig the different threads you have organised. It keeps it really structured.

Thanks for putting thought into it !

Cant wait to rattle my animation brains !

Cheers!

Thank you for your comments. I really enjoy being apart of this whole thing, and I can't wait to see you in the Mini-Challenges.

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2009, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.