PDA

View Full Version : frantic deadline only use 2 cores??!

mowax74
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
hi!

i've set up a little renderfarm in our office using frantic deadline as a renderfarm manager. all works fine, but: on the 2 core machines there is a cpu load of 100%. on the 4 core machines there is only a cpu load of 50%. why is that? in the faq's on their website i can read:

go to maya batch render options and set the renderthreads to 4. i've done that, rendered it localy, cpu load is at 100%, but still not with deadline. any solutions?

thanks in advance.

cheebamonkey
06-17-2009, 08:57 AM
hi!

i've set up a little renderfarm in our office using frantic deadline as a renderfarm manager. all works fine, but: on the 2 core machines there is a cpu load of 100%. on the 4 core machines there is only a cpu load of 50%. why is that? in the faq's on their website i can read:

go to maya batch render options and set the renderthreads to 4. i've done that, rendered it localy, cpu load is at 100%, but still not with deadline. any solutions?

thanks in advance.

have you tried sending them an email or posting in their forums?

mowax74
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
i was blind. in the job submission dialog there is an advanced options tab and under that tab the option 'cpus to use'.

CGTalk Moderation
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.