PDA

View Full Version : anyway to exclude objects from motion blur in MR?

techmage
06-16-2009, 04:50 AM
is there?

besides seperate passes

techmage
06-16-2009, 05:26 AM
never mind

im retarded

render stats

techmage
06-16-2009, 05:31 AM
WAIT. New question.

Can I disable and enable motion blur on an object with keyframes somehow?

so that I can turn it on or off mid-animation

techmage
06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Also, another question

I have a series of circles spinning around a central axis and I am trying to get the motion blur to blur them into a circle. But it's not blurring them into a circle. I have motion blur set to 'full' in mental ray, but it's blurring them like a 2D post-blur.

If you look at the attachment, thats what it's putting out.

However I need them to blur into a perfect ring. How do I do that?

Now, one thing though is the circles are moving kind of slow and this is not a photo-real, physically correct effect I am going for. So I have the 'shutter close' at 20 in order to have these dots leave a long trail behind them. Which I imagine is part of the reason why there not blurring into a perfect circle. But is there anything to adjust to make it blur into a circle? Basically the dots need to leave a fading trail behind them. I've fiddled with all the settings as much as I can and can't figure out a solution.

smaragden
06-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Increase your motion steps and time samples under motion blur in render globals.

techmage
06-17-2009, 01:48 AM
motion steps at 15
time samples at 50
and it's still doing the same thing...

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2009, 01:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.