PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Stupor

smileyme
06-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Hi everyone!

This is the first time I've posted a work here. I'm trying my hand at animating a drunk coming out of a bar. It's still a wip so I'm hoping you could give me some pointers, opinions, thoughts regarding my work.

Here's the king:

http://vimeo.com/5114174

Really looking forward to your comments, suggestions, and critiques. Thanks so much!!! :D

p.s. If you could also comment on my other video, Rockin' (wip as well). I would really appreciate it. Thanks again! :)

http://vimeo.com/5114089

KielFiggins
06-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Hey SmileyMe, heres my 2 cents:

-More anticpation for the opening. Maybe you seem him all wobbly behind the door, then he bursts through. Right now, it just kinda happens. Really work the build up.
-Slow it down. He has a lot of motion going on in his core, i'd remove some of the poses and really sway and hold the key/defining ones. When you get that light headed you try to steer clear of quick motions and sudden changes.
-Prehaps only having the door hit him twice and have each hit be distinctly different. The knocks him right on his butt, then the the next nails him in the face. Right now, their all evenly paced, so the motion gets a bit lost.

Other then that, should turn out to be a fun animation.

PS- nice to see that model being used : )

smileyme
06-16-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi Kiel!

Thanks for the comments. I guess I was trying to cram up as much movement as I can in a limited number of frames that I tend to overlook the timing and the situation as a whole. That's usually my problem and,obviously, I still haven't overcome it. hehe.. Anyway, really appreciate your advice. I'll keep them in mind when I adjust my animation.

p.s. Yup, it's a nice model and rig. Animating it was a bit challenging for me since it's not your usual model complete with joints and facial features so one has to be really conscious animating it to avoid having awkward movements.

Thanks again! :D

smileyme
07-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Hi everyone! I've finally updated (again) my drunken stupor. Made the movements simpler and fewer than my previous wip. Hope to hear what you guys think. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!! :D

http://vimeo.com/5417467

PinkSherbet
07-02-2009, 08:30 AM
hello, Just some thoughts...
I think u can let him wobble more behind the door. He looks quite soble.
When the door 1st slam into him, it looks like both the door n his reaction happened at the same time, maybe u can try overlapping.
His last action, his head seems to be leaning on something... but there is nothing there, is there? Maybe u can try leting him droop further down and hold it awhile more, then bounce back softly?

Hope it helps :)

smileyme
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Hi PinkSherbet!

Thanks for the advice! I know what you mean about the wobbling. I still find it lacking myself. As for the last action, yep, he's supposed to lean on the wall. I guess I need to add shadows to make it clearer. And yeah, you're right. I think I need to add more overlapping actions. Thanks again! That was really helpful! :D

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.