PDA

View Full Version : Major problems with unwrapping post-sculpt

Couture
06-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey everyone!

Alright, so I've run into this issue several times before, and I still haven't found a solution which works for me.

Basically, I import my base mesh into Zbrush, sculpt away, but when it comes time to unwrap my level 1 mesh, everything goes to hell. After unwrapping, and I import the unwrapped level 1 mesh back into Zbrush, they sculpt explodes going up through the subdivision stack. I realize that this is an issue with the point order changing, but what's the workaround for this in Max and Maya? I'm using Zbrush 3.1, and this is a headache I'd like to cure once and for all. I know others have had the same issue as well.

Thanks!

Couture
06-15-2009, 04:59 AM
Alright, I found a workaround for it. I found that if I import the OBJ directly into Headus from Zbrush, I can avoid the problem. Even if I don't unwrap in Headus, I can bring it into Maya or Max after Headus, and everything will be dandy. Why is it doing this though? What does Headus do to the vert order to make everything fine in Maya and Max? I'd like to understand this better, and not just blindly have it work incase I get stuck without the headus seguey at some point.

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2009, 04:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.