PDA

View Full Version : Secret Agent Entry: Reuben Hunter

nonAnon
06-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Reuben Hunter has entered "Secret Agent".

Hey guys, not sure how far I'll get this time, still being very novice in the realms of CG art (last challenge I got no further than one concept image) but I'll endeavour to give it my best.

So Secret Agents. I love this idea, I love espionage and the ideas of stealth, secrecy, infiltration, the silent kill, information warfare. I especially like the idea of improvisation, and a secret agent having to adapt and use his surroundings to survive, without the use of a convenient 'save the day' wristwatch device. even without the use of a gun if they are in a new city.

My point is Robert Ludlum not Albert Broccoli. Jason Bourne, not James Bond. Gritty realism, not glamorous fantasy.
so that's where I'll be going for inspiration.
The Bourne series (books And film)
Taken (film)
Spy Games (film)

nonAnon
06-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Hey guys, not sure how far I'll get this time, still being very novice in the realms of CG art (last challenge I got no further than one concept image) but I'll endeavour to give it my best.

So Secret Agents. I love this idea, I love espionage and the ideas of stealth, secrecy, infiltration, the silent kill, information warfare. I especially like the idea of improvisation, and a secret agent having to adapt and use his surroundings to survive, without the use of a convenient 'save the day' wristwatch device. even without the use of a gun if they are in a new city.

My point is Robert Ludlum not Albert Broccoli. Jason Bourne, not James Bond. Gritty realism, not glamorous fantasy.
so that's where I'll be going for inspiration.
The Bourne series (books And film)
Taken (film)
Spy Games (film)

Edit:
hmm, just re-read the challenge page... to depict characters and events involving espionage, gadgets, guns and evil geniuses...

This challenge asks you to render a scene of secrecy and espionage.
Depict a scene of a secret agent in a binding circumstance. Are they caught in an ingenious trap by an evil genius? or about to bring down an enemy base?

Show us cunning devices, subtle disguises, and really cool cars.

hmmm, that all kinda goes against the grain of what I just said about improvisation, environment and gritty realism.
to the drawing board then!!

Shibalba
06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey man good to see you giving this one a go, sik them ay, have fun man!

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2009, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.