PDA

View Full Version : PremiereCS3/Cinepak-always same size file?

Ernest Burden
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm outputting a 3 minute animation for a client in a number of different formats and have a few issues.

First was the H264 washed-out problem, solved by a gamma correction and pulling in the white/black points. That was for an iphone version.

Sorrenson3 for a regular QT version, since the client had trouble playing QT on his laptop. The S3 looks better than a same-sized H264, which surprises me.

Now to outputting an .avi version. Problems. I cannot get export>movie to write to Indeo5.1 I recall that in the past I have found that it needs to be a certain size to write, will refuse if not that exact size. But I forget what that size is.

On to Cinepak, which is exporting fine. But no matter what options I check, my file is about 460MB. I started with quality-66, not recompressing=463MB. But even at quality-22 with recompress/maintain datarate, I get 462MB, q-22 recompress/always = 461MB. And they all look about the same. At quality 22 it should look much worse than q 66. What am I missing? Is there some checkbox for Cinepak to make the file respond more to the quality settings?

Premiere is often puzzling.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.