PDA

View Full Version : Need help with modelling this strange building-pro's I need u

ages
07-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Hi guys fixed the post up.
First pic is autocad to eps of the views, I have taken the sides from the side view and extruded them in 3d. I dont like this method because I get bad polys when I do modifiers to them to get the bulge, I also cant see whats there to get front view, i need pro's help.

What other methods should I try that are accurate and quick and nicest?

Booleans (how though)?
Nurbs?

Its my first real 3dmax professional job and I need help...

ages
07-23-2003, 06:13 PM
My attemp so far.. (sorry bout the quality i am still new to this procedure)

*text in the pic states that there is no bulge at the base.

ages
07-23-2003, 06:17 PM
So far so rendered....

Please guys your imput is highly needed, please explain how you would go about it, I need to learn.

Grampawerdna
07-29-2003, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't try nurbs; they really lend themselves toward organic shapes and you would have trouble getting crisp edges.

Did you try modeling in autocad, or just in max? Having the option of the two, I would have done as much as possible in autocad with booleans, then move into max...and even back if possible.

Just looking at the eps, my first strategy would probably be to extrude everyone of the fins past their max height, and then sculpt them with boolean subtraction. The subtactor might be easier to make in max than autocad.

Hope that helps; but it is hard to help with so little information.

Grampawerdna
07-29-2003, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't try nurbs; they really lend themselves toward organic shapes and you would have trouble getting crisp edges.

Did you try modeling in autocad, or just in max? Having the option of the two, I would have done as much as possible in autocad with booleans, then move into max...and even back if possible.

Just looking at the eps, my first strategy would probably be to extrude everyone of the fins past their max height, and then sculpt them with boolean subtraction. The subtactor might be easier to make in max than autocad.

Hope that helps; but it is hard to help with so little information.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.