PDA

View Full Version : Discreet and NXN Software

Preacher
07-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Discreet and NXN Software Announce Strategic Partnership

http://www.gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=2667

Goon
07-23-2003, 04:43 PM
"Discreet 3ds max software has the largest install base in the industry, and our customers create literally millions of 3D assets daily,"
Aint that the truth:applause:

seems like a very powerful contribution to the pipeline. all you max'rs should enjoy that.

Signal2Noise
07-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Methinks they forgot to insert the word "warezed" into that statement.

"Discreet 3ds max software has the largest warezed install base..."

:D

Disclaimer: I by no means condone the use of, nor personally use, warez. I'm just a funny guy.

dpvtank
07-23-2003, 06:29 PM
However, you make a good point. 3dsmax is being warezed a lot.

I think partly it is discreet's fault. Their demo is not avaliable on their site. I believe that such software gets warezed on such a mass scale, because they demo's or ple's the companies provide is extremely limiting.

You cant save files, you get huge watermarks, you cant access this feature, you cant access that feature, you cant download it off the net, blah blah blah...

Such limitations force people to use the warez version.

Goon
07-23-2003, 06:47 PM
sorry for starting the OT bit. could this thread resume its original course?

I personally am a bit curiuos exactly what Alienbrain does? Is it a server dedicated to integrating 3d models etc into a game pipeline, organizing files, etc?

arinfein
07-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Goon
sorry for starting the OT bit. could this thread resume its original course?

I personally am a bit curiuos exactly what Alienbrain does? Is it a server dedicated to integrating 3d models etc into a game pipeline, organizing files, etc?

alienbrain is a client / server based asset and production management tool. It is based on a version control system that automatically provides access and version control for files. It also includes tools to improve collaboration such as preview / thumbnails / search / workflow / communication.
It is typically used in teams to make sure that everybody is working on the same version of files and that no accidental data loss occurs. With the integration into max this will be done automatically so all you have to do to access the alienbrain database is to open the "Open from alienbrain" dialog in the file menu. This type of integration is also available for other 3D software and Photoshop.
There's a lot more but I don't want to bloat the forum :p
You can have a more detailed look at http://www.nxn-software.com

Goon
07-24-2003, 03:07 PM
sounds excellent.

are you with NXN? and if so are there any plans to integrate this with any other software (like say, Maya ;))

arinfein
07-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Yep, I'm at NXN, and sure, our standard Integrations include Maya, XSI, Max, and Photoshop... others coming soon :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.