PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's 3D Video Debut Coming Soon

RobertoOrtiz
07-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Quote from Animated Movies:

"Twice Upon a Christmas, one of the two new Mickey movies appearing on video next year, marks the first digital version of Mickey. "The movement of Mickey to 3-D was hotly debated," Andy Mooney, president of Disney Consumer Products, admits to the L.A. Times. "There's a group of folks internally who believe that 2-D animation is the correct form in which to portray Mickey. I don't think embalming is a good thing," Mooney said. "I think the brand needs to be rejuvenated to be relevant to the future." Experts agree. Revitalizing Mickey's career--especially as an entertainer--"is really, really critical," said Kevin Lane Keller, professor of marketing at Dartmouth College."

>>Link<< (http://www.latimes.com/la-fi-mickey23jul23,1,6190971.story)
-R

Jockomo
07-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by RobertoOrtiz

"There's a group of folks internally who believe that 2-D animation is the correct form in which to portray Mickey. I don't think embalming is a good thing,"

Funny, Walt wasn't too fond of embalming either from what I understand.

Hookflash
07-24-2003, 02:10 AM
Oh, the humanity.:annoyed: I mean, what's the mother-loving point? What's wrong with 2d, for crying out loud!?

webfox
07-24-2003, 05:10 AM
There have been a couple of discussions in these forums over whether or not 2D animation is dead, but Mickey isn't aimed at pubescent boys who are fascinated with guns, explosions, and breasts. He's for 4-10 year olds of either gender.

Saying that he has to be a part of the Lara Croft crowd is mismarketing him.

Marc Andreoli
07-24-2003, 06:12 AM
the only '3D mickey' I like...
mickey3D (http://www.mickey3d.com/clip.html)

(Jerome Combe's "Respire" clip is my favorite, of course) ;)

Gilgamesh
07-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by RobertoOrtiz

"I think the brand needs to be rejuvenated to be relevant to the future." Experts agree.

What on earth makes someone an expert on this? Probably a paycheck from Disney.

webfox
07-24-2003, 09:41 AM
People say "Experts agree" when they don't want to be shown lacking data nor contradicted in front of a microphone.

...and of course, experts agree to that.

heheh

3dsmax-LA
07-25-2003, 01:23 AM
I heard 3ds Max was the primary software used on this! High-def too...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.