PDA

View Full Version : Incremental frames

sherridge101
06-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi all,

Is there a flag for the command line that renders incremental frames, so 2 frames for ever single frame in an animation?

Cheers,

Steve

Theodocious
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
not sure what the command line string is, but you can do this under the common render globals, in the "By Frame" checkbox. Just set it for fractions under 1 - i.e. if you set by frame to .5 it will render 2 frames for every frame of animation. It's useful, but I've run into problems doing it this way - if the render crashes mid-sequence it seems impossible to reset the numbering properly and restart the batch animation from the right frame.

sherridge101
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Cheers Theodocious, but I can't get a batch rendering out at the mo.

Just to clarify what I'm after - let's say you have a ball traveling 10 meters over 10 frames so every frame the ball has travelled 1 meter. I'm after a render flag or technique where I can output 20 frames where the ball travels 0.5 meters per frame.

Cheers,

Steve

sherridge101
06-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Changing the frames per second in the prefs from 25 to 50 did the job. I didn't realize this would stretch all keyframes etc.

Cheers,

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2009, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.