PDA

View Full Version : rendering error - no such host

chuckie7413
06-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Quite often now i am getting a problem when rendering within and via batch with mental ray maya.

The messages:

error msg send to host 0 failed
progr: 10% rendered on no such host.1

These messages continue to 100% as if it were rendering the file but it is not actually rendering anything. I get a blank image.

I am not using satelites for rendering just local computer.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Thanks

Richard

EDIT - MORE INFO

I am using the latest maya 2009 sp1a 64bit version

However this error has also occured many times when using 2008.

Theodocious
06-15-2009, 01:27 AM
could be any number of things - first of all make sure it's not trying to render to network - go to rendering menus, and render - current frame - options box and uncheck "use network machines". this is sometimes on by default.

other than that double-check all your shading networks, look for stray nodes in your outliner, rebuild your prefs file and see if you don't have some wacky geometry issues (some nurbs errors can cause issues like this). does reinstalling maya help at all?

chuckie7413
06-15-2009, 02:30 PM
thanks theo for the suggestions.

I made sure i had 'use network machines' unchecked and even deleted the maya.rayhost, but still have the problem.

Think it could definately be something to do with the scene geomtry nodes/shaders.

We got given a scene of a car with the convertable roof rigged. The outline contains lots of empty nodes but believe they are vital for the rig as when i optimise the scene the rig/skinning no longer works.

No sure what the best way fix this is.

I have had his problem tho with simple scene setups so not sure if that is the reason.

I'd be interested to know if others have had this problem as I have not read of anyone experiencing this.

Cheers

Rich

Ash-Man
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
run render diagnostics and see the output window for any errors

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.