PDA

View Full Version : Help with workflow....

AVBN5000
06-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi, I am needing some help modeling something I feel should be pretty simple. I feel kinda dumb posting something like this but its really frustrating me. Anyways.

So, I would like to build some tubing with repeating ribbed sections along the outer part of the tube.

I have tried to use masking to do so and have had some luck..but when it comes to posing it and lining it up everything goes out of proportion and doesnt look good. I really like uniformity until the end when I can tweak things but i just cant seem to find anything on this. I've even had some of the artists on here send me to great help and feedback but I never seem to get anywhere near what I am looking for.

This is what I would to build and be able to move around without it messing up the geometry:
http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/a/ab/abm/169127_vacuum_cleaner_tube_3.jpg

It doesnt have to have that many ribs...in fact I only want about 12 or so...for a short distance.....i just cant seem to find a method of making this without it being uniform once manipulated around some.

Any help would be amazing....this is driving me crazy!

Thanks!

oneandonlyDiscoStu
06-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Whilst im pretty sure this is possible in zbrush i think id be best to do it in another programm.
Just simple extrusions from an cylinder and a very simple rig would do the trick

AVBN5000
06-14-2009, 07:32 AM
yeah...i know...this is easily done in maya...i just feel like i am missing some button somewhere in zbrush to make what I feel is essentially easy.

I am trying to avoid other apps...as this is a test of skill for me...and I am determined to use zbrush...even though im certified in Maya......own personal goal here.

Thanks and please leave more feedback on this concept.

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2009, 07:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.