PDA

View Full Version : my future in 3d?

ariian
06-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by ariian
hey everyone.
I have lots of passion for 3d and digital art.
But I'd like to find a good college for this field. Can someone point me any directions? Preferably in Europe.
Also does someone know how much does the average payment is? Not that it matters much because if I'm good i'd be working for something that i love and enjoy but I hope that it isn't very little and of course I know that it depends on where you work, but I mean like in general. And also about the competiton in this field. Is it too big? or no?
thank you very much

p.s I saw a competiton on youtube where you get scholarship for a 3d college in canada if you won it. I was too late to compete there. Do you know any other? Probably it's too late for this question anyway. but just giving a try lol

Intervain
06-13-2009, 01:41 AM
there's a dedicated education sub forum here on CGTalk - I'd suggest reading through it - the mods did a lot of work:) As for payment, every school lists tuition fees on their website :) Best of luck in your search.

Gentle Fury
06-13-2009, 03:29 AM
oh man, i can sense leigh coming down the hallway now with the thread key!

ThE_JacO
06-13-2009, 04:28 AM
hey everyone.
I have lots of passion for 3d and digital art.
But I'd like to find a good college for this field. Can someone point me any directions? Preferably in Europe.
Also does someone know how much does the average payment is? Not that it matters much because if I'm good i'd be working for something that i love and enjoy but I hope that it isn't very little and of course I know that it depends on where you work, but I mean like in general. And also about the competiton in this field. Is it too big? or no?
thank you very much

p.s I saw a competiton on youtube where you get scholarship for a 3d college in canada if you won it. I was too late to compete there. Do you know any other? Probably it's too late for this question anyway. but just giving a try lol
The first step would be posting in the right forums.
There's an education forum for things such as this, that's where this should have been posted :)

Kanga
06-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Moved folks :)

moidphotos
06-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Aiiran if you are looking to study in Europe and you want advice you should also mention what language you want to be taught in - most European countries have 3D animations courses, but most will be taught in the host nation's language. It might also be a good idea to mention what sort of course you are interested in; degree, masters, commercial short course etc

I think an average payment is an impossible thing to ask; every country will have different costs.

When you say competition do you mean to get into a college / university or to get a job? Competition to get into a good university is always high, competition to get a job much higher still.

alfredocozzi
06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi Aiiran, if your looking to study in the UK i would recommend the University of Hertfordshire, ive just graduated from there and loved the whole time i was there. The standard of work that comes out of the university is very good, and the univeristy has good contact with many CG companies around the UK including Sony. Just as an example of work, there are two recent films from the University of Hertfordshire on the front page of www.3dtotal.com (http://www.3dtotal.com/) right now

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2009, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.