PDA

View Full Version : Challenge WIP: Felippe (Vetor Zero)

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Hi everybody!

Sorry for those veeeeeeery large sketches... ehehe..
Well, I'm posting some updates of my character... He's got no weapons and no clothes by that time, but I promisse to update him as soon as possible...

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP.jpg
http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP2.jpg

Suggestions will also be welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Mindmatter
01-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Very nice sketches. But i hope you'll give him some protecting goggles, cause I'm afraid he's going to jam a tooth in his eye :)
Love the pierced jawbone :D

Keep posting concept sketches. I can't get enough of those!

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi!

Well, I'm just posting some updates... Ichtus has no teeth yet, but I guess tomorrow I'll have some more complex updates...

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus2.jpg

regards,

epatnor
01-15-2002, 09:15 AM
OK, now I'm going to look like the nerdy forum police, but it's just that it would be awesome if you could get these attributes into your really cool character!!!

Well here it is again... :(

Here is what was stated as the final rules for the Pascal Challenge

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the final rules for this first challenge are

1) Male
2) thin and tall
3) Alien like
4) Big hands and feet
5) a tail
6) Pirate themed
7) A Prosthetic part
8) an item in hand, like weapon, magic item or spoon (?!)
9) friendly looking

10) wings optionnal (they can be organic or mechanic )

Challenge competion expires february the first.

2D drawings accepted , you'll have to make a model sheet (perspective view + detail views )

3D: just modelling an rigging, textures are a +
Render it from different point of view so we can see details, try maybe to render it with a cool pose.

Anyway, sorry about that, and keep up the good work Felippe!

The design is rocking so far!

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi Epatnor!

Ok, you are right... sorry for sending too much sketches instead of a model... from now on I'll be posting only the most relevants updates I make in the character... It will be better this way...

Well, I'm posting some brand new updates....

regards,

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-15-2002, 10:57 PM
oh...

Sorry... I forgot his pirate flag...

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP3.jpg

regards,

marioucci
01-15-2002, 11:05 PM
felipe , ta ficando demais o seu trabalho cara!!!! parabens!!!!
awesome man, great character, very cool render and i just love the flag!!!!
keep it up!!

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-15-2002, 11:12 PM
Valeu Loganarts!

Cara, o Camargo e o Fernando, da Vetor me disseram que vc também é daqui de SP, né? Legal ter uma galera brasileira mostrando seu trabalho... e parabéns pelo seu trabalho e o do Rodinho, tá muito show!

Thank you, man! Tomorrow I'll post some new updates of it, I'm currently modeling his weapon...

regards,

toma
01-16-2002, 05:39 AM
Great work ! I like it very much.

But have you forgotten that that alien had to be friendly looking ???

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Hi Toma!

Yes, He's got quite an aggressive expression.... and making him look more friendly is a great challenge for me... I'm planning to change his facial expression later, or to add some funny detail in his clothes....

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP5.jpg
http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP6.jpg

For the moment I'm just posting some updates in his prosthethic part, his mechanic arm... only his prosthetic shoulder is modeled so far, but I'll try to finish his both arms in a few hours, and then I'll post another reply...

If you have any suggestion, please let me know, ok?

best regards,

Missing Link
01-16-2002, 10:20 PM
Dude, your model is kick ass!!! but, he doesnt look to friendly looking :(

Keep up the good work. youve got bad ass skills.

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks, man!

Yes, I know he looks a little bit angry... maybe he had a fight with his woman...:)
But you're right when you say he's not looking so friendly... I'll try to finish the model first (i.e ... finish his arm and his prothethic arm first), and than I'll be doing a further refinement, changing some features in his face, and changing his mood...

Now, I'm posting a new update, his prothethic arm is not yet complete, and maybe I'll change his prothethic forearm, and add a prothethic hand...

Ahhh... and I added some parrots :D , and they are, let's say, somewhat explosives.... eheheh

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP7.jpg

best regards,

tayse
01-17-2002, 12:17 AM
I always like the legs which have more than one joints....nice and i think it will be better.....

epatnor
01-17-2002, 05:20 AM
Poor parrots... They wont be able to see much of the seven seas going in 400 MPH... :p

Julez4001
01-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Bad ass. Simply put.

Konyn
01-17-2002, 05:12 PM
LMAO, great idea those parrot rockets!

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-17-2002, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys!

Yeah, those parrot missiles are somewhat funny aren't them? In the beginning I was intended only to build a missile launcher in his prothethic shoulder, but then I thought: "Why don't I texture those missiles like parrots? Well, let's try".... and here are they.... :) The fastest parrots in the world.... ehehehe
Well, I'm posting a new update today.... sorry, I broke my promisse... unfortunately I have no time to finish his hands and feet, but at least now he's looking a little bit more like a pirate... :D

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP8.jpg

best regards....

core
01-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Very cool :)
The colors are great and the parrots... cool idea!

Christian

Taoizm
01-18-2002, 12:24 AM
feathers....nice touch :D

joe_snow_jr
01-18-2002, 12:59 AM
dude,
that is sweet and i love purple

joe

vertex
01-18-2002, 06:09 AM
I love the feathers, but this guy has got to be the most unfriendly looking pirate I have seen so far. The parrot missle's are fantastic.
What app have you modelled him in.

Freindly look aside, i bet he does well as a pirate, I can't see too many people saying NO to him.

Good Work

Vertex

Equinoxx
01-18-2002, 07:28 AM
lookin excellent, not takin in regards that the character should be friendly and have a tail.

btw, that had reminds me of the one worn
by pimp-daddy jedi-master Jake, from theromp.com's bootycall.

WHOOOHOOOOO

mickatt
01-18-2002, 08:23 AM
very interesting design Luiz Felippe VZ .
I like his hat and the skull head too but I think that its legs should be different maybe skeleton legs....??

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Thank you people for all those replies!

By the end of the day I'll be posting a new update of this character...
I'm currently refining his legs, his normal arm, his prothethic hand and wires, his eye-patches (because he's got four eyes, he'll have two eye-patches....:D .... that's what's happen when you have those long teeth.... )

BTW, He's not friendly looking yet, but I assure you he's got a good heart :) , ohh, and he does have a tail, a little one, I agree(check the first image in the first page), but it's there...

And about the application, I'm using Maya 4 (Connect Poly Shape plugin) to make all organic modeling and Paint Effects, and 3D Studio MAX 4, for all prothethic parts and rendering...

best regards,

kumodot
01-18-2002, 11:31 AM
Hi Felippe. Very Nice Entry, and good modeling.

I know that is a WIP project, and i will talk about some points, i think that could be good improvements to your character.

As everyone, i like the design. But i think that you'll have problems with the balance (weight). The Rocket Laucher is huge and not too much articulated, this will be a problem in posing and animating the character.

The entire rocket launcher has a human/industrial look. A bit hard, and a bit non-ergonomic style. But it's a question of personal taste. :)

About the weight, i think that the entire mechanichal arm , could be tighted to the body with some belts, or somthing to give him a more "integrated" look. And the end of the arm... is it a Woking.In.Progress., or is a Gun...? If it's a gun, i think that you could put a chain of bullets, or a huge bullet clip, or somthing like that.

As someone said here at Cgtalk, the foots could be improved. They're are looking very simple, instead the rest of the character, that's more anatomicaly delineated. And, like the launcher, he needs more articulations, it will be a problem to pose, and animate the legs, without at least one more articulation like a heel. Or a visible foot. The foot, if you are planning to do one, i suggest that it have a huge size to give a very good base, and balance to the Pirate. He will need a good base, with lot of weapons like this.

To finish...(i wrote a lot... :)...
I Like the HAT, the color and the feathers, and i like the head too (Looks a bit like zerg, that monster from Starcraft (Blizzard), on the 3DMAX /images directory) . The ear ring is a bit strange at this moment. I don't know why, but the ear is not too visible, and it's cause a strange look of the ear ring. Is like its sticked directly on the head.

So...Keep the Very Good job Fellipe.

BTW : As i always say. My english is baaaad. :)

Portuguese :
Tá de férias ou tá deixando de dormir pra fazer essas paradas...hehehe...

Espero que as sugestões tenham façam sentido e sejam aproveitaveis. :)

Ei...Mas uma idéia...O lança misseis tá bloqueando completamente a visão do lado direito dele...Isso não é bom pra um personagem tão bravo, pode ser um alvo fácil, por não ter metade do campo de visão. Então, vc poderia colocar um tapa-olho do lado direito, dai ficaria mais cabivel um lança daquele tamanho. :)

English :I have a new Idea...The Parrot-Launcher, is huge, and it's blocking the right view of the pirate, reducing his field of view to a half. So...It's could be a problem to a "conquirer creature" like that. It's a weak point...So you could put a "eye blinder" (is it the correct word ???), on the right eye to give a good reason to use a huge heapon like that. It's only things to improve the "funcionality" of the character, turning it more trustworthy.

Abraços !

Chappo
01-18-2002, 11:43 AM
HOLY SH*T !!!
AWESOME MODEL !

Very nice render ;)

Julez4001
01-18-2002, 12:17 PM
THATS NO PIRATE, THATS A PIMP
Pimp Daddy Pirate Smooth Kane and Whoopass.

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-19-2002, 12:13 AM
Hi people!

Well, as I promissed, I'm posting a new update of my character... I know there's a lot of things yet to change, but at least now the model body structure is almost complete...

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP9_1.jpg

If you have any comment, please let me know, ok?

best regards,

sigma
01-19-2002, 12:26 AM
wooh crazy! I like it.
Thats one pimp daddy of a hat :p
Maybe make that big finger into 2 or 3 thin ones.

-JT-
01-19-2002, 01:46 AM
I love the hat :D
but friendly ?

epatnor
01-20-2002, 12:18 AM
Gosh - I'm speechless... Very nice model produced in this short time. You should feel confident my man!

Lev_0
01-20-2002, 02:58 PM
haha that's great, I love the hat :) Nice detail.

Pentagramma
01-20-2002, 03:39 PM
Fellipe,

Beautiful model! It´s like a mix between a piranha and the Pumpkinhead monster!! :)

But I would suggest a couple of things -

First, he´s really unfriendly. I mean, not just that, he´s also scary as hell. Maybe you should make those teeth smaller .

And, second, the hat doesn´t look like a pirate hat . Actually, as someone already noticed, it looks like a pimp hat (em bom português: um desses chapéus de gigolô, Fellipe!!) - I don´t know if it´s the color, or the feathers. But, well, he could be a pimp/space pirate, so I guess it´s OK.

Anyway, excellent work - as you always do! Keep going !:D :D

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-20-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, well, well.....

Let's solve the unfriendly looking problem!! (and laugh a little) :D :D :D

The best way I found to solve this problem, is to make my character really express his emotions and feelings...I know he's got an ugly face, but who doesn't??? What really matters is what you bring in your heart!
:D :D

So take a minute and vote in what T-shirt would better represent a real nice guy feelings! :D :D

And I'll dress him with the T-shirt you most vote!

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ilove_monstros.jpg

best regards,

deluxepaint
01-20-2002, 05:59 PM
hahaha, this is creep
I think option 1 is better .. :D

Njen
01-20-2002, 06:16 PM
At least make him smile. I don't think just a cute T-shirt will make him friendly.

Lev_0
01-20-2002, 11:54 PM
Use option 2, teletubbies are evil!

baby
01-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Don't listen to them !!!

if they say he's not friendly it's just because they are jealous of your great grat model !!!! and they know it would be a huge work to shape the mouth so he can smile !!!!! :D

I prefer the Kitty version :))))

really cool

mickatt
01-21-2002, 10:33 AM
:D :D :D too great !!!

i vote both of them ;)

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Thank you guys for the feedback!

I guess I'll put some Kitty and Teletubbies pins in his clothes, instead of T-shirts (because voting score was nearly the same for both bizarre friendly looking t-shirts)... And I'll make he smile a little too...
Well, I'm currently designing all his clothes, and redefining his hat (I know a pimp and a pirate have a lot in common :D :D , but I'd rather change his hat while there's still time to change)...
I'll post some new updates tomorrow, ok?

regards,

Kadde
01-21-2002, 11:59 PM
cara, está ficando muito bacana !

os pés/patas estão muito interessantes.
gostei tb da modelagem do braço, os músculos estão
realmente bem feitos.

continue !

Luiz Felippe VZ
01-22-2002, 12:35 AM
Thanks once again guys...

Well, here are some modifications I made to my character.... I'm modeling another hat and a new coat..... I'll post it as soon as possible...

http://www.luizfelippecavalcanti.hpg.com.br/ichtus_WIP9_2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.