PDA

View Full Version : 3D Coat V3 - Useful companion to LightWave

Mike Pauza
06-12-2009, 03:55 PM
All,

There was a thread on this in the main news section, but it got shut down bc people couldn't play nice. I'm posting it here because IMO it looks like a nice companion app to LW.

3D Coat V3 just got released:
http://www.3d-coat.com/news3_0.html

Has poly efficient sculpting tools, 3D paint, and slick 3D paint based retopo & UV creation.
While displacement baking is included, it might not be needed due to the retopo tools. Regular and Cuda accelerated versions are availible. Company actually responds to emails. Cost is only $200.

-Mike

Nemoid
06-24-2009, 09:34 AM
its a cool app :)

INFINITE
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Company actually responds to emails.

-Mike

They do?! :curious: Still waiting for mine :p

Dont worry I will play nice!

Some of the tools look lovely.

Mike Pauza
07-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Infinite,
I've emailed them on two occasions and gotten a reply the next day.
You might want to try again.

-Mike

Veehoy
07-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Think Infinite was joking with the fact that he already got an e-mail from them, though probably not the one he wanted, since the sales rep after seeing his CGTalk gallery pretty much told him to redeem himself or he would be eternally damned....or something in those lines....

Carm3D
07-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Think Infinite was joking with the fact that he already got an e-mail from them, though probably not the one he wanted, since the sales rep after seeing his CGTalk gallery pretty much told him to redeem himself or he would be eternally damned....or something in those lines....

Holy crap. I remember when 3D Brush initially came out the user agreement stated you could not use it for anything other than edifying God... or something along those lines. He's since changed it but.. I don't want to support such a dogmatic attitude. I'll make due with Silo and ZBrush.

monovich
07-02-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm using it right now, and its utterly fantastic... and I haven't even read the manual yet so I'm sure I'm missing many cool features.

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2009, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.