PDA

View Full Version : Light is flickering through glass MIA material, GI, FG...

mightcouldb1
06-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey there,
I have recently rendered out something and have run into a couple of problems. My main issue has to do with a florescent light that is incandescent with > 1 values and emitting final gather light. As the camera pans, the light seems to flicker. Look through the glass at the light and you'll see what I mean. I have relatively high FG rays, I am using GI and caustics. My final gather map is not being rebuilt. I have 14 reflections and 14 refractions. Kind of clueless as to what is causing the problem. The glass is a mia material physical glass preset. The bg was blurred with zdepth pass in post. Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks in advance!

Here is the link to the video:
http://vimeo.com/5070463

mightcouldb1
06-20-2009, 12:08 PM
help me ple3ze

cbamber85
06-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Are you using an FG emitting material or is it an area light? If so, try with just photons, otherwise increase the FG Quality in the Indirect Illumination Override rollout of the material. There appears to be something hanging slightly in front of the striplight where the noise occurs, does it do with that removed? Does it do it with the camera still?

Problems like these can all be solved in the same way, it's just a process of elimination.

MAV4d
06-20-2009, 03:22 PM
it looks like an AA issue... what filter are you using?

my suggestion would be render it at 2x res then bring it down to regular res ina post program. might help the flickering

Sincrol
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
yep... its tooo sharp.

try adding some blur on it...

CGTalk Moderation
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.