PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for my 3D character template

Domarius
06-12-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm hoping for feedback on how aesthetically pleasing my start on this is, and anything that would help the female look feminine, and the male look masculine.

This will be a base for all my characters - they have the large hands, feet, head that is usually the style in video games these days (Half Life 2, GTA, Doom 3 etc.) So I've overlayed my sketch over Loomis's "ideal body" templates to show you how I varied my bodies to get a different style.

Sorry the guy is a bit blurry but I have only been updating the female since she's all people are giving feedback on - no one cares about the guy!

redwhitejacket
06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm hoping for feedback on how aesthetically pleasing my start on this is, and anything that would help the female look feminine, and the male look masculine.

This will be a base for all my characters - they have the large hands, feet, head that is usually the style in video games these days (Half Life 2, GTA, Doom 3 etc.) So I've overlayed my sketch over Loomis's "ideal body" templates to show you how I varied my bodies to get a different style.

Sorry the guy is a bit blurry but I have only been updating the female since she's all people are giving feedback on - no one cares about the guy!

Hmm...well, if all you need is a template, then why don't you just use Looms's "ideal body" templates or the like to model from, and then add your own style to the model by twinking it once it's complete (enlarging the hands, altering the face, whatever you wanted)? If you are really serious about mastering human anatomy in sketches and drawings, I would suggest attending open drawing sessions with nude models, using 3d.sk, or just googling for tons of anatomy sources and draw draw draw repeat.

rwj

CGTalk Moderation
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.