PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 8 - IK / Dynamics Feature Tease

Mike RB
07-23-2003, 08:01 AM
http://www.learnlightwave.com/ik_preview.mov

That is somthing Lee Stranahan posted over on the Newtek forum..... Interesting stuff...

Mike

Facial Deluxe
07-23-2003, 08:31 AM
:surprised :drool:

wok
07-23-2003, 09:12 AM
what a tease!!!!
Looks pretty good but:drool:

TRick
07-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Some more of these and my confidence is right back on track !!!

JVitale
07-23-2003, 09:33 AM
What a tease!!!....I guess Siggraph can't come soon enough....Hope to see you guys at the Newtek party!

Dr Dardis
07-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Yeah, that is very teasing.

Still wouldn't mind some feature similar to pole vector controls in Maya for 2d IK chains... I would find that useful, suites the way I animate better.

That said, Motion builder is soothing my furrowed brow at the moment in that respect, its even easier.

The Doc.

Monty
07-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Cant wait for Siggraph!!!

Kvaalen
07-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Whoa!!! That is really cool!

BTW Mike, Thanks for posting it. I don't have the time to be in all the forums at once. I have to choose the ones I go to even though I do look over there sometimes.
Really appreciated. :thumbsup:

Kvaalen
07-23-2003, 11:27 AM
BTW, I just looked at the NewTek forum and noticed that they have another teaser too:

http://www.learnlightwave.com/preview_mistake.mov

Notice the new tabs at the top? :drool:

Wesball
07-23-2003, 01:14 PM
SWEET!!!

I see a dynamics tab! Woo Hoo!

fastfinger
07-23-2003, 01:54 PM
MULTIPLE UNDO!!!!!! Great.

aurora
07-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Holy #@!*. I thought torture was banned by the Geneva Convention. What if you had dynamics linked directely to the IK chain? You'll have to wait till Siggraph
Crap and I'm not going to be there :(
And then theres the undo-undo-undo-undo-undo. Three cheers to NT!!!
One question though a seperate tab for LScripts? That could be just Lee's personal setup. Not that I would complain I have one myself just find it strange they would add one as a default.

Zarathustra
07-23-2003, 03:40 PM
On one hand, I can't stand these little teasers...and on the other I just want to see more. Agh! I hate waiting. At least I feel like the wait will be worth it, now.

anieves
07-23-2003, 03:49 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I whish I could be there

KOlson
07-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Here is another as well..

http://www.learnlightwave.com/preview.mov

Maxx
07-23-2003, 03:59 PM
WOO-HOO! G2 goes native! Or at least, the realtime preview for G2! :drool:

Facial Deluxe
07-23-2003, 04:45 PM
:eek: G2 style preview and render in 3D viewport :eek:

RobertoOrtiz
07-23-2003, 04:47 PM
:drool:

Thalaxis
07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
That about sums it up :)

:drool:

Cman
07-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Looks interesting.

Mike RB
07-23-2003, 05:07 PM
its not g2 style. It believe it is G2. I believe its showing how plugins can hook into viewport windows. (So I wouldn't count on this being "native" to lw8, you'll probably still have to purchase g2).

Mike

lightwolf
07-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Did anybody notice the custom popup menu within the viewport. If the SDK allows for that.....
Cheers,
Mike

Cman
07-23-2003, 05:11 PM
But MikeRB he says
"This is new technology that will be in Lightwav 8... This is a new version that is basically going to replace viper."
So that says to me it is native to LW8.

Facial Deluxe
07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Mike RB
its not g2 style. It believe it is G2. I believe its showing how plugins can hook into viewport windows. (So I wouldn't count on this being "native" to lw8, you'll probably still have to purchase g2).

Mike

Mmmh, do you think we still will be able to render to viewport without G2?

Mike RB
07-23-2003, 05:16 PM
ahh, didnt see that cman, cool!

Facial Deluxe
07-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Hehehehehehehe RULES

timsvw
07-23-2003, 05:38 PM
more.....more....more..more.moremoremoremore . I want to see more:applause: :applause:

-Tim

DougNicola
07-23-2003, 05:41 PM
WWOOOOHOOOOO!!!! G2 previews directly integrated into LW (so we'll have to wait a bit, no big deal) to replace viper! Too cool!

And those other teasers.... aahhh sweetness!! Keep them coming!!!

rebfx
07-23-2003, 07:08 PM
g2 style one is down. Damn I missed it.

Cman
07-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Maybe MikeRB was right and so they had to pull it. Maybe it's NOT G2 "like" - it WAS G2. :shrug:

mattc
07-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by lightwolf
Did anybody notice the custom popup menu within the viewport. If the SDK allows for that.....
Cheers,
Mike

Mike,

Oh man...if that's true.....:)

Regards
Matt

Rabid pitbull
07-23-2003, 08:42 PM
I love what I have seen in these files! Awesome tools coming our way, but I have a slight problem with the .mov files.

are you guys able to simply click the link and get the files to play inside of your browser? I get nothing... I am forced to right click and save these files to view them. Not a huge big deal, but it is sort of making me crasy!

I have w2k sp3 internet explorer 6 quicktime 6, and have tried different settings in both options to get it to work. Do I have to let windows media player show it? YUK! Any ideas?? I posted a similar thread up in the techie forum, but got 3 views and no answers... :thumbsdow

Anyhow LW 8 looks very good to me so far and I hope the details keep coming.

Kvaalen
07-23-2003, 08:58 PM
If you just click on the link, IE first of all downloads it and only then displays it in the browser. (You'll notice the icon on the bottom left.)

LFGabel
07-23-2003, 09:07 PM
In the link to the multiple undo video,

http://www.learnlightwave.com/preview_mistake.mov

in the top right corner, there's a few tabs that seem to be obliterated by the "copyright 2003, Newtek" text.

However, the letters are there and it was a pretty easy puzzle to solve.

From what I can see, there will also be tabs for "Plug-ins" and "Rigging". I also think the next tab after that is "File", but am not sure.

Heh... Newtek probably wanted us to see this... feed the sharks! :)

Rabid pitbull
07-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Kvaalen
If you just click on the link, IE first of all downloads it and only then displays it in the browser. (You'll notice the icon on the bottom left.)

ok really not trying to side track this thread...

ok when i click the link, and after it is done loading I get this.

http://www.rabidpitbull.com/temp/qt_problem.jpg

if you know why it might act this way please let me know.

ok back to our regularly scheduled topic Lightwave 8 teaser videos!! Lee should be done sleeping by now, where is the next video? Come on Lee continue the teasing. :)

yog
07-24-2003, 12:34 AM
Sorry guys, it looks like that G2 stuff was a mistake :shrug:

All reference to it is being pulled from the Newtek forum, because, I was told, parts of it could have been misleading :shrug:

Oh well, even if it is like Mike-RB speculated on that it would allow 3rd party plug-ins you already own to use the interface it will still be cool :thumbsup:

Gorbag
07-24-2003, 12:54 AM
I just talked with Steve. He says G2 is not going to be a native part of LightWave 8, and whomever is saying that it will be is, to say the least, not a valid source of information.

Check your premises.

Cman
07-24-2003, 02:55 AM
I wonder if there'll be an explanation of what happened?

Mike Pauza
07-24-2003, 05:32 AM
Sorry to change the temporary subject, but let me just say that dynamic bones is an awesome idea!!! This could be incredible...like "the discovery of fire incredible". I predict Dynamic Bones will make it easy to add realistic physics based motion to just about anything, plus be stable & fast. When they get it right you'll be blown away.

LW8 may only contain minimal improvements of traditional strengths, but the new dynamics tools could be revolutionary.

-Mike

Finkster
07-24-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Mike Pauza
that dynamic bones is an awesome idea!!!
Yeah look pretty cool. Looks very much like the new dynamic bones in animation:master, but with more fancy bits. Good to see developers improving on each others ideas....or coming up with their own, whatever. Cool stuff either way.

Thalaxis
07-24-2003, 06:50 AM
That reminds me of Cinema 4D v8's SoftIK, too... which I think is a
good thing, as SoftIK is rather sweet. :)

Jimzip
07-24-2003, 09:26 AM
"Sorry guys, it looks like that G2 stuff was a mistake

All reference to it is being pulled from the Newtek forum, because, I was told, parts of it could have been misleading"

Yeah, it is misleading. You do realise that the misleading part was that it was showing G2 and you all assumed it was some sort of 'G2' specific render view.. Don't think the window has to be specifically for G2..

Jimzip :D

Emmanuel
07-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Okay, now we probably know it:

the new thing in 8, that's in the tradition of groundbreaking, visionary, ahead-of-the-pack features like MetaNURBS, HyperVoxels, Texture baking and radiosity: DYNAMICS.

Seems thats what will make LightWave have features that the others don't have for a while :)
I am really lokking forward to the new things I can do with bones, after watching the IK-preview :D

Sarcasm on:

Oh, and look how everybody is now oh so happy with NT :)

Sarcasm Off.

LFGabel
07-24-2003, 11:20 AM
the new thing in 8, that's in the tradition of groundbreaking, visionary, ahead-of-the-pack features like MetaNURBS, HyperVoxels, Texture baking and radiosity: DYNAMICS.

That and hopefully a completely rewritten rigging system... Since there appears to be a Rigging tab for it...

Yiorgz
07-26-2003, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Emmanuel

Oh, and look how everybody is now oh so happy with NT :)

A lot can be said for patience.

All [good] things come to those who wait.

regards,
Yiorgz

ps. rabid pitbull - maybe you need to run QT and check that you have the browser plugin installed correctly or downloaded for that matter. - check EDIT MENU / PREFERENCES

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.