PDA

View Full Version : cubFog and alpha textures

zerocool
06-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Hello.. Ive been stuck on this one for a while now, driving me bonkers :curious: Im rendering using mental ray and maya 2009:

In my environment im using a cubeFog, which is working well.. but i have some geometry in the scene obviously, and some of this geometry has alpha textures on it, combined with the fog, the textures don't alpha out properly in render.. you can still make out the edges of the mesh (kind of like a 50% grey on the alpha). When i turn the fog off the alpha works perfectly and in the viewport and photoshop alpha layer its all perfect..

So my question is how do i get fog to work and alpha out my textures correctly? ive been searching online for a while now with no luck :shrug:

Thanks for any help..

edit: its defiantly an alpha sorting issue, when i move the fog behind the alphed textures it works.. unfortunately there are more alphas all the way till it fogs out..

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2009, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.