PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good storyboard examples

staglider2
05-09-2002, 10:06 PM
I am looking for good storyboarding examples / galleries. I have to do a small storyboard for a school assignment, and i'd like to see some *good* storyboards for movies. I never did a storyboard before.

alchoi
05-10-2002, 03:06 AM
Well, I used to do storyboards professionally for Cartoon Network ... year and a half ...

If you want, post up some rough thumbs of what you have in mind and I can give you some feedback ...

I'm sure once I do, others will join in and help you out ...

Cheers.

Al.

staglider2
05-10-2002, 03:18 AM
Subject of Storyboard is : "From Brussels to Lille in 38 minutes". Don't ask me what this is, my teacher gave this to all students.

staglider2
05-10-2002, 03:19 AM
second (there should be 7 drawings)

staglider2
05-10-2002, 03:35 AM
I dont know

alchoi
05-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Those are nice illustrations ... great compositions ...

But storyboards need to be a series of connected images ...

What I'll do for ya is post the very first stage of storyboarding ...

The thumbnail drawings ....

These are verrrry loose and verrry rough shot compositions of your film project ...

Literarlly, each panel should take about five to ten seconds to scribble out ...

And there is a reason for this, believe me ....

But if you have any rough ideas, please post them up ... as well as a thematic style and cinematic pace you might have in mind ...

staglider2
05-10-2002, 08:34 PM
The green forms with the light in the middle is wrongly posted..it should be a seperated thread. As for now i dont have any clue what i have to do further for the storyboard. The Subject is so dull

hawkprey
05-11-2002, 05:50 AM
The Final Fantasy DVD has the whole movie done with storyboards. Its damn cool. They are so rough, but get the point across. The book is a must have as well.

Taoizm
05-11-2002, 05:56 AM
A really good ref site is :
http://www.animationmeat.com

To skip ahead check out this PDF featuring storyboarding (2mb):
http://www.animationmeat.com/downloads/notes/strybrd_the_simpsonsway.pdf

alchoi
05-11-2002, 06:15 AM
Actually, I must wholeheartedly agree ...

This is a great place to start ... it's like required reading for all boarders ....

But if you keep your artwork rough, and loose, and quick, it can be a lot of fun ....

Almost like gesturing all your actors into the scenes ...

(ooh ... that is, if you like gesture drawing .....)

:)

itchi
05-11-2002, 10:40 AM
yeah i agree with al about the nice pictures but storyboarding being sequential. it's kind of hard to say though because some toryboarding for movies, directors only want a few shots of the scene like you have. others and also for animation storyboarding is almost like a rough layout of shots and camera positioning almost exactly like what footage would look like and the main posing and action.

i was a director for sony animation for about 4 years and thats how most of the animation industry works for sure. i think the "prince of egypt" dvd also has storyboards in them along with pencil tests.

hope that helped a bit :)

staglider2
05-11-2002, 07:39 PM
thanks a lot for help dudes.....any more online storyboard examples u all know of ?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.