PDA

View Full Version : Baking using mib_lightmap_write

cavemen
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi

I know that we can bake light info on an object using lightmap_write node ...
So that the baked texture could be applied on the object without the actual presence of the light ... I tried that and it works well

However I am trying something else though..

Say i have ball in the scene and I am rendering it with final gather ..
Now I want to bake the final gather information as a texture so that I can apply the texture directly on the object without physically using final gather ..
I tried doing this using the lightmap write node .. but all in wain.

My question is .. Is there a way to bake the final gather info in a texture format so that the baked texture could be directly applied on the object, hence then there would be no need to physically calculate final gather once the baked texture is applied ?

Thanks

DeepPurple
06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
hmm would you be able to do it by setting up the final gather, then using the "batch bake(mental ray)" tool in the Lighting/rendering menu?

cavemen
06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Hummm Maybe.. but I think it takes a long time to bake than the light map write node .. anyways will try with the normal baking method ... but i wish there was another way to bake final gather using some shader ..

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.