PDA

View Full Version : Break The Wall Down

ajfrank
06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
This is the extension of the quad run I was working on. This is actually a challenging animation I would love to accomplish. What I'm trying to accomplish is basically have good, heavy weighting in a quad creature. I'm trying to have this creature walk similar to how a alligator/crocodile swings it's body when it walking.

Anybody have any advice on how I can approve on this please share. I'm trying to improve on my work and that is way I post alot of my work. Please give a good, heavy, hard critique on this one. This is a very early progress but I can see it still needs alot of work but I just need some extra eyes to tell me were and/or how I can improve on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-lGGEg654A

Serashi
06-09-2009, 04:36 AM
A good start. Can see some weight there, nice initial movement of the beast.

Its a heavy beast with armour and saddle, so I was thinking that when it stops it would need a few more minor steps and heavy forward lean to catch that weight and stop.

It looks a bit odd when it jumps over the wall in the first shot and the wall is 2x the height of the beast, but next shot the wall is 1/3 of the height...

I am pretty inexperienced myself, but that's just my initial thoughts. thought I would share:)

ajfrank
06-11-2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks for taking the time to critique. Experience or inexperience, an extra eye is always helpful for an animator.

Yeah I'm working on the weighting. Had someone critique it for me and he gave me some good advice so hopefully on the next update it'll seem more dynamic.

Honestly the land after the jump over the wall is the part I hate the most. It is odd right now but I'm also working on fixing that too for the next update

About the wall, he's going to be breaking the wall. The current walls are like stand ins for now. The final scene will have better models and the wall will actually break apart.

Thanks again. Going to try to have an update up by next week

CGTalk Moderation
06-11-2009, 01:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.