PDA

View Full Version : about ies lights.

unbounded
06-08-2009, 11:14 PM
hi friends.
i got my tutorials about interior lighting from gnomon. there was one thing that i wonder.
for .ies lights. we use prometric ligtning freelight for example then choose web then ies file.
so what about on vray lights i saw a light named vray ies, but there is no where to load ies file in the menu for that. all it load is txt or dat files. any tip will really appriciated, my mind mixed, for to use ies. do i have to use only prometric lights or can be used with vray too?

thanks
tolga

mister3d
06-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Maybe you missed it, there is a button "none", if you press it, you can select IES file.
I don't know if it's fixed in the last version, but vrayIES doesn't show its icon of IES light, but supposedly faster than regular IES lights, which do show the icon.

unbounded
06-08-2009, 11:46 PM
sir i do appriciate for answer. i did press none but only choosable formats were .txt and .dat,
so if i choose .ies it still work?
thanks friend.

unbounded
06-08-2009, 11:51 PM
sir thank you for not flaming and helping me i do appriciate. i begin 3d 1 month ago. i quit my job to be master in this. i am working hard but as you see some unexpected things like that mixes my mind much. :) i really wanted to thank you. now after my dt and gnomon. dvds arrive gona learn much more :)

take care sire.
btw your render(apple was impressive realistic.)

mister3d
06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Yes, it will work. I don't know why it's so too.

mister3d
06-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Christopher Nichols 2 DVD's about Vray are very very good, and inspiring. Also check his gnomonology video "speed vs quality" about Vray.
There's also been released a book "vray: the complete guide" by Francesco Legrenzi, has the most robust explanation of Vray up-to-date alongside with videos I mentioned.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2009, 04:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.