PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry

Sablefine
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the steps I need to take to allow the changes I make on one side of a symmetrical model appear on the other side simultaneously? I have read the documentation, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

Rooka
06-09-2009, 12:33 PM
You have to center your object, to X for example ... select your object, Edit menu >> Center Selected >> X) ... then Edit menu >> Symmetry >> X, see the attachment.

Sablefine
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Thank you for your quick response. As it turns out, I had exported the model I was using to test from Zbrush, and from time to time Zbrush operations are "mostly" symmetrical. Because it wasnt a perfect symmetry, the function was not working.

After using the symmetry tool to fix the model and then turning on x mirroring, it worked exactly as I had hoped. As a side note, Zbrush has the smart resym command to fix the model in this way as well, but it did not seem to work as well as Modo's version when I tried to apply it. It resolved with some errors, whereas Modo was perrfect.

CGTalk Moderation
06-09-2009, 07:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.